1.85 OTA rolling out now

lmf22

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am having problems with getting the update to install. In the notification area, it says "System Update Download Complete." When I press that, it says "Download Successful" and shows 100% 64.55MB / 64.55MB. Then I press OK but nothing happens. I tried restarting the phone, but that did not help. Also tried deleting the file (in the Downloads folder), and now even pressing "Check for Update" does nothing.

ysleep

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Please help Re: 1.85 OTA rolling out now

Hi All,
I need help. I got a message to update. Tried it but something went wrong. Nothing downloaded but now when I reboot it get an error message about HTCdm stopped working, When I click on check updates nothing happens. Please advise.
Thanks!

silverlogic

May 7, 2012
Visit site
10 minutes is not that long as long as the progress indications show that it is working. 30 minutes with nothing but a swirly means your download was corrupt and you have to delete it with a file manager and redownload.

Sent from my HOX

my HOX was processing the swirly for over 30 minutes. no progress bar, restarts, or anything to indicate it was processing the update

scottymomo

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Check Downloads app, and you will find System Update 64.59MB. Not sure what to do with It!
If selected, it displays a bunch of files.

Yep, same here. Tried a couple reboots to see if it would force an update but nothing. The check for updates button no longer does anything...

EDIT: Deleted the download, set the date forward, checked for updates again and now it is doing the update....

Last edited:

Mastadon_Z

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Please help Re: 1.85 OTA rolling out now

Hi All,
I need help. I got a message to update. Tried it but something went wrong. Nothing downloaded but now when I reboot it get an error message about HTCdm stopped working, When I click on check updates nothing happens. Please advise.
Thanks!

I get the same error message. Does anyone have an idea what the issue is?

towerdave

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I ended up deleting the download after it was verifying for an hour. Set the date ahead and checked again. Updated successfully the 2ND time.

TD

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
i reset the date and got it...

i did the update and now my phone is slower on quadrant scores and i still have signal drop issues.. awesome

scottadusa

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
resetting time forward doesnt work. it just resets after a few seconds and i have auto turned off

why cant we just download it somepalce

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Why are people using quadrant to verify the speed? I thought quadrant scores were utterly useless as they don't indicate the true real life usage of the device?

jcon0320

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I just finished updating to 1.85, and here are the things that I have noticed so far:

-multitasking seems to be better. I am now able to switch between 3 apps without the refresh problem. However, having more than 3 apps running still has the refresh issue.

-snappier operation on menus, and faster app load times.

-battery life seems to be the same. Although I have only been on this for a couple of hours so things might change.

-quadrant score DECREASED from 4900-5100 to 4300-4500. I have already called HTC about the issue, and they said that they have no explanation for said slowdown. Note: Quadrants scores doesn't necessarily reflect real time performance, but the numbers speak for themselves.

UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK..

Background info pre-update: My phone was running on stock 1.73, and wasn't tampered in any way. Phone ran smooth, and benchmark scores back this up. The battery life was decent to bad with 3-5 hrs screen on time average with moderate use.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
This sucks.. I downloaded the updated (after updating the date in my phone) it got stuck checking the files so I deleted it and restarted my phone and now I the check for updates button doesn't do anything. Anyone has any advise?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Pardon me, but as someone contemplating getting a HOX, this sounds like a bit of a nightmare..

This coupled with Apple's new shot over the bow, lack of availability and other issues make me think twice about HTC's devices..

Oh well.. that's the way the Apple bites! LOL

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've got the update downloaded but it hasn't installed yet. I had to manually set the date for the 8th

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

ANDROIDinOZ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone worked fine before but I recently had a weird wifi issue then battery drain...all solved w/ a restart. I dl the update and all seems ok but only time will tell

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol