09-24-2012 09:21 PM
111 12345
tools
    Pardon me, but as someone contemplating getting a HOX, this sounds like a bit of a nightmare..

This coupled with Apple's new shot over the bow, lack of availability and other issues make me think twice about HTC's devices..

Oh well.. that's the way the Apple bites! LOL
    I wouldn't let it discourage you, I have owned the last 3 iterations of the iPhone, its an amazing device with lots going for it, but it doesn't equal the speed and power of the hardware inside the One X
    06-06-2012 09:56 PM
    Finally managed to trick the update. Still a little peeved I have to mess with the phone to get an update, but I had the same issue with my old Windows Phone.

A few things:

Signal is holding at 4/5 bars. It seems to drop down to 1 for a split second but all in all it's much better now.

WiFi has always held steady when I am at home, but at my job (which is an official AT&T WiFi hot spot) it never connects or has issues holding the connection. My Acer tablet with ICS has the same issue so I think it's just an Android thing. Hopefully this update fixes it, but I’m inclined to think it’s not fully a HTC issue.

Everything seems much more smoother. The phone was always fast, but now it fly’s. I pretty much see every transition animation now.

Everything updates much better. I would never get notifications about e-mail or play store updates unless I went into the apps and checked. The second this rebooted I was flooded with updates and it seems to be notifying me about new e-mail. The Sense weather widget would almost always display unable to load current weather or whatever unless I went into it and made it update, now it does it on it's own.

No major changed it seems, just much more fluid and the behind the scenes stuff. No idea how it effects battery life, but the update process seemed to gobble up a good chunk of battery life updating so I’m crossing my fingers it stays as good as it has been.
    06-06-2012 10:16 PM
    I got the HTCdm stop error as well. I had to delete the download file and change the date before it worked properly. Then it did the update properly. A little disappointed I had to do this but happy with the update.
    06-06-2012 10:30 PM
    Where are you all deleting the download file? I checked downloads, and a bunch of the system folders, and I don't see anything that looks like an update file. I got the notice this evening, and then nothing happened. Clicking on the ATT Software Update button doesn't even give me the message that I have to wait for 24 hours to check again. I also go the HTCdm stop error a little while after I got the initial notification. Nothing ever looked like it was downloading or updating. Just a whole lot of nothing. I am still on the stock Software Version (1.73...) ~I also tried the date advance repeatedly, with a bunch of reboots in between.

My set never really had too many issues, just frequent and short-lived drops of wi fi, which affected apps that needed constant connection.
    06-06-2012 11:07 PM
    Notification and downloaded the update a few hours ago without an issue.
    2 things that I can confidently report (at least for me) is that my WiFi signal is now holding without dropping and I now have a full WiFi signal in my house vs. previously running at 1 or 2 bars.
    06-06-2012 11:26 PM
    Well, rebooted again, set the clock forward, and actually got the update painlessly. Took just a few minutes to do from download to last reboot.

Wifi is definitely improved; whereas before I could lower the phone behind the sofa and lose signal, now it stays connected with 2-3 bars. I haven't messed with anything else, so we'll see if I notice any performance changes. Even if it just fixes the wifi I'll be happy.
    06-06-2012 11:29 PM
    I just hope this resolves the WIFI issues...
    06-06-2012 11:43 PM
    I'm new to at& t so forgive me if this is a dumb question. When I go to att updates and click check for updates nothing happens. I mean absolutely nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    06-06-2012 11:56 PM
    I'm new to at& t so forgive me if this is a dumb question. When I go to att updates and click check for updates nothing happens. I mean absolutely nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

You don't go to at& t, you go to settings, about phone, check for updates.

Sent from my HOX
    06-07-2012 12:14 AM
    He's referring to how updates are now under a menu option called "att software updates".

06-07-2012 12:32 AM
    I just hope this resolves the WIFI issues...
    My wifi is still randomly dropping and then reconnecting, so no fix for me and I had high hopes for this update...
    06-07-2012 12:48 AM
    Ignore post.

06-07-2012 01:00 AM
    I need some help. Got the download accomplished, but got the endless spinning wheel and no re-starts. So while I am told "System Update Complete" I still have 1.73 showing.

So, it seems i need to delete the download and try again. Opened it in Astro but dont know exactly which files to delete.

If anybody knows, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    06-07-2012 01:20 AM
    You opened the zip file with your file manager. Don't do that.

Back out of the zip to the directory above.

Then Delete the entire zip.

Sent from my HOX
    06-07-2012 01:26 AM
    After reading this on AC, I went to Settings -> AT&T software update -> check for updates. Less than 5 minutes later, and one restart (which it did automatically) I have the 1.85. Pretty painless.
    Immediately I got notification of a voicemail received 8 hours ago, which has happened to me in the past with Sprint as well as in the last month with AT&T.
    I did have the issue of the mobile network turning itself off, so I hope this resolves it.
    06-07-2012 02:21 AM
    I haven't noticed anything too different after updating. Multitasking isn't any better but I'm sure they'll eventually fix that.

I would like to see them fix that stutter when you first open the app drawer though. It looks so silly how hard it stutters lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    06-07-2012 02:28 AM
    The update was quick and easy for me. I wasn't experiencing any wifi or reception dropout prior to the update, so I can't tell the rest of you who are that its fixed, what I can say is there is no difference than how it was working before the update. No more smoother nor does the multitasking work any different. And it's been said by HTC the multitasking is working as it should.

06-07-2012 02:37 AM
    Updated mine today using my home wifi. No problems at all, went off without a hitch and notice no increase nor decrease in performance as of yet. I never really had any wifi issues anyway.
    06-07-2012 02:46 AM
    Went smooth. Only issue is that speaker volume is diminished. Ringtones, music, and media loudness is significantly lessened at full volume.

06-07-2012 04:51 AM
    I still cannot get the update. Tried wifi, hooking up to computer, changed date several times. I click on check for updates and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

06-07-2012 06:01 AM
    ...maybe try a reboot, and see what happens.

I still cannot get the update. Tried wifi, hooking up to computer, changed date several times. I click on check for updates and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

06-07-2012 07:43 AM
    Thanks. Tried that several times too and nothing.

06-07-2012 08:17 AM
    Thanks. Tried that several times too and nothing.

Manually change the date to 2 or 3 days ahead and then re-try. I had the same problem and it worked after I did that. The whole thing took 5 min.
    06-07-2012 08:20 AM
    Manually change the date to 2 or 3 days ahead and then re-try. I had the same problem and it worked after I did that. The whole thing took 5 min.
    Same here. 6/8 was my magic number.

06-07-2012 08:30 AM
    thanks. I changed it 2 days, 5 days, 10 days, 20 days, and a month ahead. All after reboots and still no luck.
    06-07-2012 09:01 AM
111 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD