1.85 OTA rolling out now

MGTrader

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I need some help. Got the download accomplished, but got the endless spinning wheel and no re-starts. So while I am told "System Update Complete" I still have 1.73 showing.

So, it seems i need to delete the download and try again. Opened it in Astro but dont know exactly which files to delete.

If anybody knows, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
You opened the zip file with your file manager. Don't do that.

Back out of the zip to the directory above.

Then Delete the entire zip.

Sent from my HOX

ndc

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
After reading this on AC, I went to Settings -> AT&T software update -> check for updates. Less than 5 minutes later, and one restart (which it did automatically) I have the 1.85. Pretty painless.
Immediately I got notification of a voicemail received 8 hours ago, which has happened to me in the past with Sprint as well as in the last month with AT&T.
I did have the issue of the mobile network turning itself off, so I hope this resolves it.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything too different after updating. Multitasking isn't any better but I'm sure they'll eventually fix that.

I would like to see them fix that stutter when you first open the app drawer though. It looks so silly how hard it stutters lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The update was quick and easy for me. I wasn't experiencing any wifi or reception dropout prior to the update, so I can't tell the rest of you who are that its fixed, what I can say is there is no difference than how it was working before the update. No more smoother nor does the multitasking work any different. And it's been said by HTC the multitasking is working as it should.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Updated mine today using my home wifi. No problems at all, went off without a hitch and notice no increase nor decrease in performance as of yet. I never really had any wifi issues anyway.

MrCat2000

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Went smooth. Only issue is that speaker volume is diminished. Ringtones, music, and media loudness is significantly lessened at full volume.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

rinconmike

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I still cannot get the update. Tried wifi, hooking up to computer, changed date several times. I click on check for updates and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

judeism

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine is not available yet :'( On another note could someone help me figure out how to search on this phone? I'm puzzled without the search button. thx

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a white one, with the Otterbox case.

AT&T opened the box in front of me (they never use to do this; the box use to be opened prior), and the device already had the latest update on it. Hmm, interesting...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995