my 30 day review of the HOX from a former iCultist

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. mine was exchange as well.

Since I was near At&t while I was running around went in and asked how I do that and they said it would be some special kind of account you would have set up through work and I don't have that. Thanks for help anyway, guess have to use yahoo and gmail apps and stop using the built in HTC one if I want to have HTML.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Since I was near At&t while I was running around went in and asked how I do that and they said it would be some special kind of account you would have set up through work and I don't have that. Thanks for help anyway, guess have to use yahoo and gmail apps and stop using the built in HTC one if I want to have HTML.

You can do it anyway. I have my personal gmail account as an exchange account. Let me know if you need help setting that up.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I have no problem using HTML on the Sense E-mail app on my Dinc 2 (Sense 2.1). I don't think they've downgraded the app on Sense 4.0 so you may be looking in the wrong place. Using IMAP, Default GMail or Exchange works great on the built in app. I also use the default GMail, Hotmail and Yahoo apps for looking at those accounts only.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Launch the Mail app.
Tap Menu
Tap New Account
Tap Microsoft Exchange.
For Email, enter your full Gmail or Google Account email address (i.e. name@gmail.com)
Enter your password
Select what you want to synchronize
Select push mail
Select an account name
When asked
Leave the Domain field blank.
For the Server field, enter m.google.com.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Iamdunne

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Launch the Mail app.
Tap Menu
Tap New Account
Tap Microsoft Exchange.
For Email, enter your full Gmail or Google Account email address (i.e. name@gmail.com)
Enter your password
Select what you want to synchronize
Select push mail
Select an account name
When asked
Leave the Domain field blank.
For the Server field, enter m.google.com.

Hope this helps.
Got it working for gmail thank you so much, but not an option for yahoo correct? Maybe I will forward all me yahoo email to my gmail account, that should take care of it I would think?

soothslyr

May 26, 2012
Visit site
happy that you got it working for you, and that you're loving the experience.

i am about to do the same (jump ship from iOS), but am worried that i will miss the power and ease of the ipod.

i have done tons of research, but ultimately have settled on having to keep my old iphone around as an ipod because sadly android media players just aren't as robust, and organized as apple's offering. unfortunately entrenched in the itunes system with my music.

any suggestions? how'd you fare when you changed? am i just better off going back to apple with my tail between my legs?

ATPhoto75

May 13, 2012
Visit site
happy that you got it working for you, and that you're loving the experience.

i am about to do the same (jump ship from iOS), but am worried that i will miss the power and ease of the ipod.

i have done tons of research, but ultimately have settled on having to keep my old iphone around as an ipod because sadly android media players just aren't as robust, and organized as apple's offering. unfortunately entrenched in the itunes system with my music.

any suggestions? how'd you fare when you changed? am i just better off going back to apple with my tail between my legs?

You can create folders on your PC and drag/drop them into music (haven't tried) but ALL of my iTunes songs play without conversion on my HOX.

arterio

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
iTunes stores and organizes your songs in your Music folder (assuming you're on Windows). You can just copy that entire structure out and use that on your Android could you not?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21