Music volume is low

Timbacak

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I transferred all my music to my phone, but I can barly hear it with the volume all the way up. Am I missing something? Did I do something wrong? Setting?
Thanks

abhijit1289

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
"low" is kinda relative. I suggest you take it to your local store and compare it with other one x models and that way you'll even have proof that (god forbid) your one x is defective in case you want to return it. On the whole though, I find the volume as loud(if not louder) as any of my friends phones :)

Thank me if I helped.... You know I'll do it again :) Oh, and by the way, Sent from my HTC One X

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Do as suggested above. The volume on mine is better than my last few devices.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I transferred all my music to my phone, but I can barly hear it with the volume all the way up. Am I missing something? Did I do something wrong? Setting?
Thanks

Are you referring to the volume through headphones or through the speaker?

If you are referring to the speaker volume (and sorry to state the obvious here), but it is located on the back of the phone and it does make a huge difference when the phone is laying on its back compared to its face.

I've never had trouble with the volume, both through headphones and the speaker, so it definitely sounds like you could have a defect and should exchange it.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
If you are referring to the speaker volume (and sorry to state the obvious here), but it is located on the back of the phone and it does make a huge difference when the phone is laying on its back compared to its face.

When I listen to the phone without earbuds, (like talk radio or something), I find it much louder with it laying on its back on the table. It seems to use the table as a sounding board or something.

Timbacak

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all your help, but i deleted all the music and redownloaded it thru google play, and now I can hear it perfect.
thanks for all your help.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your help, but i deleted all the music and redownloaded it thru google play, and now I can hear it perfect.

That is the beauty of Google Play. Even if you upload your own music you end up with higher quality after a day or two when they replace your version with a higher bitrate and standardized volume version.

Hint: Don't download your music to the phone. Just PIN it. (Or just PIN what you want to always be available without streaming it). Do that while on wifi and it uses zero cell bandwidth.

abhijit1289

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Haha nice I was really getting pissed about the build issues of the hox that were only being reported more and more :)

Thank me if I helped.... You know I'll do it again :) Oh, and by the way, Sent from my HTC One X

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that the volume is extremely low with YouTube when playing through the phone's speaker. Can barely hear anything. Music volume is fine though. Anyone else experience this?