The main I reason I ordered the GSIII

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lsR5XL7V8Y[/YT]

I've had an unbearable time with the shoddy BlueTooth connection on the One X. This video was a quick one-handed demo of my pains.:'(

(Fixed your embed - Phil)

Last edited by a moderator:

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5lsR5XL7V8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've had an unbearable time with the shoddy BlueTooth connection on the One X. This video was a quick one-handed demo of my pains.:'(

EDIT: no embedding?

direct link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lsR5XL7V8Y

That's messed up and to add to it this thing suffers from the death grip like the iPhone I just put mu hands around it WiFi went from all bars to none I suspect Bluetooth does the same.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

arterio

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that video is showing the International version of the phone, the North American version may not suffer from the same issues.

It is also a SOC so the wifi, cellular, and BT radio's are all built into the Tegra chip are they not? Maybe that has something to do with it if they share the same antenna.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My HOX from ATT had the same issue. I just bought a brand new 2012 Chevy...IF it connects then it turns my radio off so I can no longer call anyone. It was very shotty. So I will be trying out the SIII. My first Samsung phone. I have only owned 2 Android devices. Both have been from HTC. Guess its time for a change!

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought I had a BT issue but then I realized there was too much interference around my car. I moved it to a different place and it worked. Now it pairs flawlessly and I can make call all day long. I could not be any happier.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My HOX from ATT had the same issue. I just bought a brand new 2012 Chevy...IF it connects then it turns my radio off so I can no longer call anyone. It was very shotty. So I will be trying out the SIII. My first Samsung phone. I have only owned 2 Android devices. Both have been from HTC. Guess its time for a change!

That may be more likely to be a Chevy problem rather than an HTC one. :D

Reactions: aggie

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

I think the GM radio that might be a prob. Connects great to my Pioneer Z120 BT in my 10 F-150 King Ranch.. Granted not a stock radio but I pair fine with MS Sync in other Ford vehicles whereas I have problems in my wife's Yukon Denali pairing with the stock nav/stereo setup. Same one used in the LTZ package Chevy trucks/suv's. Probably not limited to just GM stereos but I've definitely noticed an issue there.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think the GM radio that might be a prob. Connects great to my Pioneer Z120 BT in my 10 F-150 King Ranch.. Granted not a stock radio but I pair fine with MS Sync in other Ford vehicles whereas I have problems in my wife's Yukon Denali pairing with the stock nav/stereo setup. Same one used in the LTZ package Chevy trucks/suv's. Probably not limited to just GM stereos but I've definitely noticed an issue there.

Its funny that you all asy that. :p BUT my HTC Evo 3D connected with out an issue. So the likelyhood just isnt there for me IMO. I even flashed my radio's firmware inside the car too. No issue. Yet my old dumb phone connects with no issues! Just not voice dial. I hope the SIII comes without that issue. As its more annoying then I thought it would be!

Cheers...

PS, My BT GPS Garmin(Not onstar touchscreen system), HTC Evo 3D, Palm Pre- and old PoS Pantech dumb phone all interface just fine with the BT in my Chevy!

Reactions: kayroleamer

WesHoye

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
HTC has said they're aware of a BT issue (as well as some others) and are working on a fix. Don't be too quick to jump ship. By time you get your hands on a S3, the One X may have been updated to fix these issues, and the S3 may still be working on ironing out its own issues.

Both manufacturers have had their history of taking too long to push out updates to fix major issues, but in my experience (selling phones for all 4 US carriers the last 5 years), Samsung seems to be king of delayed updates.

Just my 2 cents.