Can someone comment on call quality / data speed around bay area?

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
hi guys... i was a long time customer of ATT and got iphone on day 1 when it came out 5 years ago. Since then, ATT went to crap, and tons of drop call. So 2 years ago, I switched to Sprint on the EVO 4g, which was great at the time. No more drop call, and wimax is speedy.

However, right now. Sprint 3G has deteriorated a lot, and 4G coverage is still spotty. LTE is coming out, but I don't want to wait any longer.

So I am thinking about switching back to ATT or Verizon (Was leaning towards verizon until today's new pricing plan announcement)

So the question is... is ATT still dropping call like crazy? I remembered 2 years ago, every call i get on iphone 3Gs is dropped somewhere in the city of San francisco.

Also, how's the 4G LTE speed? I assume the speed is great in the city of San francisco, but how about the rest of the bay? like san mateo, oakland, walnut creek?

thanks for any comments

ATPhoto75

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can someone comment on call quality / data speed around bay a

Coming from an iPhone 4 in the East Bay, I had NUMEROUS issues with dropped calls....with my HOX I have YET to drop a call. Honestly, LTE is available like ALMOST all over the place and it's FAST. Like 25-35MB/s.

I can't tell you enough how great this phone is (much better on 1.85 software, btw)

chaitoo

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Coming from all the iPhones, I have been in south and east bay for over a year now. A very few dropped calls here and there with iPhone but none with the HOX until now. LTE is awesome.

kevp913

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

I was in SF, Cupertino, and Mountain View last week for work and was heavily using my HOX for both data and voice (sometimes at the same time). The phone worked great and the LTE speeds were typically around 15+ Mbps. No problems in SFO either. I too came from Sprint with an EVO 4G and had to get off the Now and Later Network due to horrendous 3G speeds. Make the switch, you'll be happy. If not, that is what the 30 day return policy is for. :)

I like VZW as well, they just don't have the HOX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34