HTC One X issues. Need help.

RPTheLefty

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a few issues with my One X. I've been through 3 One X's and my 30 return policy is up so I'm stuck with this one.

One of my main concerns is that the One X gets hot while browsing the web. Is this normal? I don't think I noticed the other One X's I had getting hot.

Another weird issue is the amount of RAM I have. It says that I have 391 in used and 281 free. Is that right?

My main problem is the battery life. I'm looking through threads on how to improve it. Right now, I get around 9 hours with 2 hrs and 30min screen time on 40% brightness. Do I possibly have a faulty battery?

Last issue just started happening last night. I can't receive calls, browse internet or text even with I have full bars and it says "4g". It's as if the phone goes on airplane mode but it still shows full bars. To fix this, I have to do "airplane mode" on and off. Is anyone having this issue?

I was thinking about returning my phone and have them repair it. How does this work? Will they give me the same phone back? How long does it usually take? Any feedback from anyone who has returned their phone for a repair?

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Umm do you have the international version or a carrier branded one?
Plus what software version are you running?

Sent from my International HTC One X.

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
One of my main concerns is that the One X gets hot while browsing the web. Is this normal? I don't think I noticed the other One X's I had getting hot.

Another weird issue is the amount of RAM I have. It says that I have 391 in used and 281 free. Is that right?

My main problem is the battery life. I'm looking through threads on how to improve it. Right now, I get around 9 hours with 2 hrs and 30min screen time on 40% brightness. Do I possibly have a faulty battery?

Last issue just started happening last night. I can't receive calls, browse internet or text even with I have full bars and it says "4g". It's as if the phone goes on airplane mode but it still shows full bars. To fix this, I have to do "airplane mode" on and off. Is anyone having this issue?

I was thinking about returning my phone and have them repair it. How does this work? Will they give me the same phone back? How long does it usually take? Any feedback from anyone who has returned their phone for a repair?

All sounding very weird...

I do get some heating on the phone, not just after browsing the web, but on any activity that is intense on the modem. Don't get it on Wifi, though. In fact, I am not too sure if this is normal, so if anybody else can confirm I would also appreciate it.

I have the international One X and have 1 GB of memory, and it shows as such (actually, slightly less that 1 GB, but that's common in all devices). In fact, after my last update, the phone usually consumes less than 600MB, so I am happy!

As for battery life, I think that's too short, but I bought JuiceDefender on the day I bought it and it helps me get 48 hours+ with ease, probably the best investment I have made in terms of a smartphone app. When using my One X exclusively to answer some seldom calls and keep it on stand by for the most part, I get 4 days, it is pretty amazing!

Finally that issue with calls definitely sounds like a problem, so I would at least check. I don't have experience with repair shops, sorry.

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the heat issue might be widespread. I was doing some 4G browsing and my phone was really hot like right around the camera. But more on the bottom left side of it than anywhere else

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the heat issue might be widespread. I was doing some 4G browsing and my phone was really hot like right around the camera. But more on the bottom left side of it than anywhere else

Mine too. That's where the core is.

Sent from my International HTC One X.

Mr. Miyagi

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a few issues with my One X. I've been through 3 One X's and my 30 return policy is up so I'm stuck with this one.

My guess is that HTC would love for you to never buy another phone from them. Ever. LOL.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I never had that issue with my HOX. Then again I only had it for 2 weeks with an Otter Box case so maybe I just didnt feel the heat. I would still take a trip into the store where you bought it. They still may be willing to swap it out for you. Just for good CS alone...Or one would hope anyways!

Keep us posted on your fix if your able to find one! Good luck with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21