Unable to set up exchange account for work?

jalb

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've get everything set up, the correct username, password, domain, and server. Authentication is turned on. When I first click okay, it authenticates and I choose what to sync. Then it updates for a very long time and says "no mail".

Has this happened to anyone else? Exchange server is 2003.

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I've get everything set up, the correct username, password, domain, and server. Authentication is turned on. When I first click okay, it authenticates and I choose what to sync. Then it updates for a very long time and says "no mail".

Has this happened to anyone else? Exchange server is 2003.

I had this when trying to set up a Gmail account on the local mail client. I was just trying for the sake of it, because I had it running on the Gmail app anyways, but couldn't get it to work. I was just playing but will try again to see if I can reproduce it.

EDIT: I just checked and yes, I have the same thing. I had not noticed because I don't use the default mail client, but it seems like it does not work properly.

beeg612

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine worked properly with no issues for awhile then, recently, my work email doesn't push; I have to open the app to retrieve the mail. I have not found a solution to this yet.

Did you ever have your exchange email working properly? If you did, maybe it's a server or service issue. My office runs exchange 2003 as well. If you've never had it working properly, I would check your server (or, better yet, if you have an IT guy or gal) as certain ports may not be open which would disallow access by your phone. Don't ask me what that may be. The only reason I suggest that is because that's what my IT guy said a few weeks ago. He was speaking english but I still didn't really understand what he was saying. Anyway, just a thought. Your issue may be on the server side.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This is the first i'm hearing of people using the exchange mail on gmail or stock app. I know for years you needed a third party app for exchange. The must have changed recently.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

jalb

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I figured out my problem. We use OWA to connect to work, and I had 10 devices authorized already, which is apparently the limit. I logged on to our webmail site, and deauthed all my old phones, and voila!

Thank you everyone for the replies!

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I use Exchange with my HTC One X on AT&T and have had no issue (it worked with my Galaxy S Captivate, and my HTC Inspire also). I do not like Touchdown as it's known to drain your battery and it's interface I find annoyingly clunky (or at least more annoyingly clunky than the $20 price tag would suggest).

You should check with your Exchange administrator to see what they have set for Active Sync. Most administrators will want to put some sort of security policy on your device (this is configurable on their end and usually follows company policy ie a password to logon, etc). A reboot of the phone may be needed to activate the policies (I can't remember if the One X needed a reboot).

If Exchange worked for you and it went away, you should probably go into apps, stop the app, clear the data and try to set it up again. If that doesn't work, it's possible your Exchange administrator changed something.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I figured out my problem. We use OWA to connect to work, and I had 10 devices authorized already, which is apparently the limit. I logged on to our webmail site, and deauthed all my old phones, and voila!

Thank you everyone for the replies!

Glad to hear!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers