WIFI reception fix....finally

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, its nice to see that HTC are finally sorting the issue of the of the WIFI coverage.

I have called them and they are collecting my phone on Monday to complete the fix....but 7 working days.....grrrrr..annoying.

Ah well, Hopefully it will finally be the end of this problem...

Now to work on the battery life....

Might ask them to put a bigger battery in while they have it open.

LOL

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, its nice to see that HTC are finally sorting the issue of the of the WIFI coverage.

I have called them and they are collecting my phone on Monday to complete the fix....but 7 working days.....grrrrr..annoying.

Ah well, Hopefully it will finally be the end of this problem...

Now to work on the battery life....

Might ask them to put a bigger battery in while they have it open.

LOL

Precisely which WIFI issue were you having?

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
The issue with poor WIFI coverage. Its really bad in some rooms of my house yet I have my laptop or blackberry etc in the same room and the coverage is full. It really struggles and its really annoying.

If yours is doing the same, call them and book in the repair.

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Well its going for repair today (collection between 1pm and 5pm - so thats 4.55 then)

I will let you know when its back what the deal is and if its been fixed

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
grrr. been 9 days so called them.....been told that they dont have parts to fix it so its sitting there....have to call back monday for an update.....

not overly impressed....but dont have a choice but to wait

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The wifi issue was international versions only though right?

My guess is it is because here in the USA anytime I have had repair issues through At&t they don't repair your current phone they swap it out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the AT&T version and I have WiFi problems. Should I contact AT&T or HTC? I pay $6/month insurance on my AT&T account, but that was originally for a Samsung Skyrocket, bought the One X off of eBay. Will AT&T give me a hard time?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You were supposed to call AT&T to switch the phone listed on insurance. Try an AT&T repair store.

I did. I got them to put in a Micro SIM card since the Skyrocket uses a normal sized one. When I go on my AT&T account on the website, it shows the One X. I just didn't know if they would give me a hard time since I bought it off of eBay and not from a store.

Edit: Also, so far in the week I have had this phone, I have lost all bars of service twice (shows no bars with the x over them). The first time it came back its self, the 2nd time I had to toggle Airplane Mode to make it come back.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Well I finally have an update.

So the phone was meant to be back with me after 7 working days......well its 10 days and I have been calling them for a few days.

I tweeted them yesterday not very happy that it was approaching the 10th day and I was being told the same thing that they were waiting on parts.

I got a call this morning at 9am from HTC who said they are sending me a new phone so I assume there is a massive backlog and not enough parts to go around.......So anyone waiting for their phone, kick up a fuss and they will hopefully sort u out like they have done for me.

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that sucks. Sure doesn't sound like a new phone. Do you see any indications that the phone could be refurbished?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
sooooo

After giving a guy a mouthful at HTC......demanding to speak to manager which i’m now awaiting the call for..

there was a knock at the door about 5 mins ago..

a man with a package but not in my name

he showed where it was from and i googled it and they send phones out....so I assumed it was a mistake....we umm and ahhed and we decided I’m gonna sign for it...

What was inside u ask

MY new HTC one x which I was told i was getting.....

So now, I have 2. One broken and one not....

They can have their broken one and I’m keeping the new WHITE one....happy days....

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
So the address was yours and the name was someone else's? They are messed up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
yep.....thats exactly it.

Another good thing is that the phone i got is unbranded so I get all the updates from HTC not voda.....lol

smiles all round

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital