Weird Music Player Bug

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
So I was just walking around the house today listening to music. A song that I really like came on, and towards the end I rewinded the song back about 45 seconds just to hear that part I really like. And weirdly, after a few seconds the song just changed to the next one? I was able to replicate this little bug 5 more times.

Play almost an entire song, rewind, it plays for a bit then changes. Wtf is that? ALSO how come when I hit the back button in the music player it doesn't take me to "songs"?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I assume you are talking about Google's "Play Music"?
The one with this icon:

VkQhou4IFGmH42H5ZBgI2RkndYgJZ0GZ0Hk-zRWfwU0P7bi8WaI18xiwT59DRunDmhs=w124

Yeah, that's a known bug. Sometimes you can solve it by pinning the song (make available off line), or if it was already pinned, un-pin it, then later re-pin it.

As for the back button, this is a major design bug. It gets me all the time, and I want to slap the designers every time it does. Get use to using the icon pictured above located in the upper left hand corner of the screen as your back button.

The whole thing needs an interface do-over.

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I was using the standard Music app. The red one. I actually don't use Google's Play Music because I've yet to upload my songs.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I was using the standard Music app. The red one. I actually don't use Google's Play Music because I've yet to upload my songs.

Try the Google Play one. (It will play locally stored music too. Not everyone has a google music account).

If it works with the Google player, at least you will know that you don't have a corrupted mp3 and its just some player glitch. If the both jump at the same place, then somehow your mp3 file got corrupted.

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow it actually works, thanks a lot dude! I didn't know Play Music could play local music too :p but yeah my files are fine, it only happened in the HTC player for me. Another thing I like about Play Music is how when I hit the back button it goes to songs...

Can I get a different widget though? The google play music one is horrendously fug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12