Square Reader on HTC OneX

TommyRaton

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have the Square Reader working on the HTC OneX?

Worked on my HTC Hero but not on the One X. Any configuration changes needed?

Thnx

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've used it and it worked well.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

TommyRaton

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. So I grabbed a second Square Reader from BestBuy and that did not read a card or generate any checks in the Square Reader tutorial either. Then I took my original Square Reader to the AT&T store. Salesperson had the OneX as well and my original Square Reader did not function either. Disabled Beats. Still no go.

Anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Thnx

ray..ray

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue on my One X. I got the reader to read twice out of probably 50 swipes. Beats is also turned off. Works perfectly on my GF's Sensation. Been wanting to email Square about it...

TommyRaton

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Email communication with Square and my communication. Square's saying its not a supported phone

Square Support Team account_services@help-messaging.squareup.com
Jul 1 (3 days ago)

to me

I talked with an Engineer today, unfortunately, the HTC One is an unsupported phone. If you have bought a new crad reader I can claim the redemption card for you, please just write back in with the redemption code.

For more information on supported devices and to view a list of devices with known issues, visit: https://help.squareup.com/customer/portal/articles/156594

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Norm P.

Ethere

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had a Square card reader since I had my Samsung Captivate, but I don't hardly use it anymore. I just tried installing the Square app on my phone, plugged in my reader, and it works fine. No issues, and I didn't have to disable anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers