My One x on AT&T network has delays receiving GTalk n Gmail alert

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to resolve the issue I'm currently having with Google Talk and Gmail. Sometimes I get the notifications that I have a new email or GTalk Message within a minute or less after it has been sent, but sometimes my GTalk is anywhere for 2-15 min delayed according to time stamps and my testing from one gmail account to another. Gmail seems to be a bit better, like delays are usually 1-5 mins when they happen.

I read about wifi issues but this seems to happen wether I'm on wifi or 4g. I purchased my X on May 22. Any advice and tips on how to fix this issue would be great. Thank you.

FYI running new 1.85 update.

jspidey

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem whatsoever with my Gmail notifations. GTalk, however, is a different story. I don't get any GTalk notifications if I'm not using the phone starting around 10 minutes or so after it locks. I'll go to unlock my phone and will suddenly get a bunch of notifations. Its annoying as hell...

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: My One x on AT&T network has delays receiving GTalk n Gmail a

Yeah same with me. I even notice when I unlock my phone and click the GTalk app it says "i'm offline" Is there a way to fix that, bc that is the native app should work like it did on my old android phones. This is not even a Google issue it's HTC..... I can't stand this as I am a Google Apps Deployment Engineer and I rely on my GTalk/GMAIL for work. When i'm in the office it's fine, but when traveling it's a big problem.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Im going to test tomorrow via 4g and turn off my WiFi, to see if its when I have WiFi turned on.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

UPDATE:

So i have tested my Google Talk and Gmail app just in 4G and works flawleslly. It is my wifi that keeps dropping and causing the issue. Even when i go to Google Play Store sometimes it says i lost connection and i have to click refresh in order to re-attempt to connect when i'm on wifi.l My Serial number starts with HT23. Going to call AT&T see if they can replace my phone, updates to follow.

jspidey

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Even your GTalk works? I'm strictly using "4G" while I'm at work and the phone still never notifies me until I wake it. It just happened this morning. Friend messages me at 9:45 (per the time stamp), yet I don't get a notification until I looked at the phone at 10:13. The same thing would always happen on my Nexus One.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Yes on 4G works fine for me. I just got off the phone with my Local AT&T store and explained the situation and how HTC has confirmed that SERIAL numbers that start with HT23 and HT24 are have a hardware issue with the radio of the wifi and that HTC is recommending we return it to AT&T and ask for a replacement phone that starts with the Serial# HT25 as per HTC and they were pretty cool about it and gave me 2 options to perform a warranty replacement.

#1) Call 800-801-1101 which is AT&T's warranty department and explain my situation and they will send me a replacement phone and i get to keep my current phone until i receive the new one. Once i receive the new one i can swap sim cards and send the other one back. (Rep told me they might have me do a little bit of troubleshooting as part of their protocol, but that is it)

#2) I can take it to a local AT&T store that is also a Warranty center, and i'm in luck because there are 2 within 5-10 miles away from where I reside. I was told i can stop by and leave with the new phone the same day if i want to avoid the phone call in option 1.

I will probably stop by AT&T sore later today and try to get my replacement, updates to follow once I have attempted this.

bigcrav

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Since I bought my phone through Radio Shack I can't use ATT warranty department, right? I have to go through Radio Shack or HTC?

jspidey

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had no issues at all with my WiFi, that I noticed at least. I thought all the WiFi issues were on the International version. I'll have to to pay more attention when I'm home I guess as my serial number starts with HT24.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Yes you have to go through Radio Shack. I just got off the phone with AT&T warranty department and after talking to them for almost 2 hrs lol... cuz of getting routed and transferred around.... and a bit of troubleshooting.. But i just got my confirmation and they are sending me a replacement phone and i should have it by next week. However they stated they cannot guarantee it will be one of the phones that start with the serial# HT25, but they made note of it. If i get a bad phone again then they will try to take other measures to resolve this issue 100%. Updates to follow when I receive my new phone and test.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

My phone works great in 4g, but when i turn on wifi and the screen goes off all my e-mails are delayed and Google Talk messages are delayed as well. Sometimes it works, but most of the times it doesn't. And in 4g works 100% every time so it has to be an issue with WiFi and not screen going into lock mode.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

So i have gotten my brand new phone today and it stats with serial # HT26 woohoo.. The wifi seems very stable! i don't see the bars going up and down like before. However i still get the delays when WiFi is enabled when receiving and Google Talk or Gmail messages. This only happens when the screen is locked.

When i unlock the phone i immediately receive all messages. If the phone has the screen turned on i get the messages right away as well... So seems like when i lock the screen like the wifi goes into some sort of stand by mode or something.

Any thoughts?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol