Whewwww, Weeeeee! AT&T LTE is Faaaasssst...!!!

10-8-enroute

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey gang...

Took a drive up to Palo Alto, CA today.

Saw the little LTE symbol appear on the screen of my HTC ONE X, and I thought I'd try a SpeedTest run.

Man! 23.55mbs download for top speed and 20.75mbs upload...Ran two test and numbers were fairly close together.

I just came over to AT&T from Verizon after 12 years. All the sudden my data and voice would drop off on my Verizon phone. I had 4 total replacements (3 Galaxy Nexus Phones and 1 Razr Maxx Phone) with the same problems. Verizon said there was nothing they could do. I even went into one of their corporate stores here in Fresno, CA and showed them that my phone was losing data and voice 20 to 30 times a hour. They witnessed it, they even called tech support, and finally after 4 trouble tickets, I left....But hey they say nothing is wrong with their network.

But anyway, the speeds from AT&T LTE are twice as fast as I ever got on Verizon's LTE network here in Fresno. Man am I glad I left that holier than thou self absorbed company...

I even told the rep at the corporate store in Fresno that this issued needed to be corrected today (3 months, 4 trouble tickets after this all started) or I was jumping ship.

After she called the Verizon TECH, they asked to talk to me....They said, "There was nothing they could do...." It told them fine I am going to AT&T to which they said, "Well our 4G is better than AT&T's 4G," to which I replied, "Well at least theirs works because right now on Verizon's Network I have 0G as in ZIP, Zero, Nada-G...For over the last 3 months" The tech didn't like that...

Thought you might like the picture upload to drool what is coming to an area near you...I know I am. Scheduled to be in Fresno before Christmas this year...!

Have a great one....I am out...!

10-8-enroute

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've hit 50 mb downloads here in Stl.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Damn that is a wicked fast download....

I wonder though....Are these high speeds due to the fact that the network is still new and there aren't many customers that have AT&T Phones with LTE chips in them that are in use?

I'm curious to see if those speeds plummet when everybody with an iPhone gets the new iPhone with an LTE Chip in it and they join us on the LTE Network.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have news for the OP. if you think that Verizon has a "holier than thou" attitude, wait until you have your first situation with AT&T. I can understand your frustration with your problem though. Hope everything works out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Voice quality is excellent. Agreed with post above. Very consistent. If LTE happens to go out we still have hspa+ then 3g and edge if still around to fall back on until restored. I was told if Verizons LTE went out you had nothing and couldn't use your phone for anything until it got restored. Very pleased so far.

10-8-enroute

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have news for the OP. if you think that Verizon has a "holier than thou" attitude, wait until you have your first situation with AT&T. I can understand your frustration with your problem though. Hope everything works out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I hope it works out also dwaynewilliams...I will say this I have never been so frustrated with a business and Verizon took the prize with that. For 3 months, my phone all of the sudden, out of the blue, quit holding a data and voice signal. They checked their network with the 4 trouble tickets I had, plus sent me 3 Nexus phones and a Razr Maxx Phone. They even swapped out my sim card 3 times.

All that things they tried leads me to believe something was wrong with my individual account, not the network. I recall with the old dumb flip phones, text messages would get delayed by hours sometimes. I would call Verizon and they would have to reset the account "Switch" or something similar to that. I was wondering if Verizon would have to do something similar to that with the new smart phones.

But what torqued me off was the last time I spoke with the TECH agent on the phone at the corporate Verizon Store with the sales agent of the store standing right there. When I was told by the TECH agent on the line there was nothing they could do, after the store sales agent told the TECH agent that she personally witnessed my data and voice drop no fewer than 10 times in 3 minutes that was it.....So you still want my money and you can't fix my account? That's it I am going to AT&T....!

Have a great one....I am out...!

10-8-enroute

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Nice to know their LTE network is currently so quick. How is voice call reliability?

Whosurdaddy, Voice quality was really crisp and clear. I made several calls and had none of the crackling or cutting out of the voice and I was thoroughly impressed.

Only concern I had was man my battery in my HOX drained really fast. I guess the LTE signal and chip in the phone when activated really taxes the battery. I had to find a wall plug by 4pm to give my HOX a recharge.

Have a great one...I am out...!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Very nice speeds!
If at&t still offered unlimited un throttled data
I would be there in a flash.
Another thing is...
I just can't figure out why
at&t offers such low data tiered plans too. 2 GB? I mean such great
data speeds but not much of it you can put to use.
I'm a heavy 4g wimax user
here 8-15 GB a month. Can't live with a cap and
I do not like going places having to look for a wifi. Especially, when you are paying a company to supply you with data.

Hopefully, Sprint with great coverage here in Hawaii will get their LTE up and running soon.

Again though very impressive speeds!

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
615be9fb-70fb-308a.jpg

intellectualdiot

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Shhhh, I'm trying to talk myself out of switching from Sprint to AT&T. I mean, unlimited data right? I'd be crazy to give that up!

.... -_-

I'll probably be switching next month.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
For those on Sprint now with their unlimited data plans do you think when they roll true LTE out not their wi-crap that they will keep it unlimited? If I had to guess I think not, Sprint can't afford it. Need to pay for failed WiMAX, iPhone and now LTE.

rub2008

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
We can clearly see you are using WIFI at this time...... Just a heads up. Turn off your wifi and do the test over again.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't using WiFi. I snapped a screenshot from my gallery. If you look at the pic it clearly says LTE.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
For those on Sprint now with their unlimited data plans do you think when they roll true LTE out not their wi-crap that they will keep it unlimited? If I had to guess I think not, Sprint can't afford it. Need to pay for failed WiMAX, iPhone and now LTE.
I guess it depends on what speeds and coverage your getting

Wimax here in Hawaii is liveable
speeds here average 6-12mb dl.
Even with those speeds netflix YouTube runsreally
smooth. And I tell ya with higher than 3g speeds
data sure gets used up like a v8 burning gas.

From all the press releases I've read... Sprint will keep unlimited when LTE goes live.