Android 4.0.4

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone heard if this will be available for our hox? If so are there any differences from 4.0.3?
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would hope with Jelly Bean released that HTC would focus on that.

Small point releases like from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 are probably not anything to get that excited about, honestly, unless Google specifically says new features have been added. It was probably small bug fixes for certain models (of the Nexus).

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have seen reports that 4.0.4 was leaked for the One X and completely fixes alot of the small lag points of the UI.. I think it was 1.88 or 2.05? I can't remember..

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering if it would take away the 3 little dots at the bottom of the screen in my apps and utilize the full screen. Plus minor bug fixes.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering if it would take away the 3 little dots at the bottom of the screen in my apps and utilize the full screen. Plus minor bug fixes.

It wouldn't. That's an app specific issue since the HOX does not have a menu button and many apps are coded that way.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds about right. I just wish we can utilize the full screen. It's just an awesome display.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Just root and use a custom rom. most of them have it set so you can use your multitasking button for the menu button (which gets rid of the dots) and long press home to get to multitasking.

Also, on the 404 note.... i know when i was on a Nexus S 4G and on the Galaxy Nexus 404 made a HUGE difference. All the changes seemed pretty minor enough, but there was a big difference in usability, and battery life from what i saw.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone heard if this will be available for our hox? If so are there any differences from 4.0.3?

HTC are dragging their ass on this update,

A leak of base 2.05 arrived over a month ago, it offers massive improvements. (especially tegra 3 international version)

Kernel 3.1.10 for tegra users
Battery improvements
Heat improvements
CPU improvements
GPU improvements
3dot menu fix

Etc etc

But where is the update..... No idea.

Testers of the leak reported no bugs, and this was over a month ago.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
A leak of base 2.05 arrived over a month ago, it offers massive improvements. (especially tegra 3 international version)

Kernel 3.1.10 for tegra users
Battery improvements
Heat improvements
CPU improvements
GPU improvements
3dot menu fix

Wow, that's exciting... hope it arrives soon!

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's exciting... hope it arrives soon!

Well, I've wanted it for my Tegra3 HOX for a month, and still waiting.....

4.0.4 and the 3dot fix should have arrived with the launch of the device, 4 months ago.

So, I'm pretty angry with HTC not releasing this already, like I said - this leak has even been out over a month, but we are still waiting for it.....

As for the kernel, nvidia has released it officially, including sources and its even present in the un-released Nexus 7 tablet - so, no excuses for them not releasing that either.

Just waiting on HTC, as I've been doing for soooo long.

It also really annoyed me to see an older HTC device receive 4.0.4 before their flagship one series (incedible S)

I know this is a massive update, but we should already have this.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

I hear ya. Luckily I have not that many complaints with the current version, so I am in no rush, but given the specs of that update, I hope it is indeed released sooner rather than later. Having said so, and since HTC already confirmed they will be releasing 4.1 upgrades as well, maybe it's been put on hold/to be skipped?

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If you think HTC drags it heels on updates, then don't buy a Samsung or Motorola phone. Samsung just updated the Skyrocket and Note. HTC was the first to update on ATT to ICS.

Whilst true, those devices ain't the current flagship devices.

... Yet they have still received 4.0.4 before HTC's flagship ONE X, along with an old HTC Incredible S.

I love my HTC One X, but their update department is damn slow.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've wanted it for my Tegra3 HOX for a month, and still waiting.....

4.0.4 and the 3dot fix should have arrived with the launch of the device, 4 months ago.

So, I'm pretty angry with HTC not releasing this already, like I said - this leak has even been out over a month, but we are still waiting for it.....

As for the kernel, nvidia has released it officially, including sources and its even present in the un-released Nexus 7 tablet - so, no excuses for them not releasing that either.

Just waiting on HTC, as I've been doing for soooo long.

It also really annoyed me to see an older HTC device receive 4.0.4 before their flagship one series (incedible S)

3 dots won't be fixed by HTC. Apps need to be updated.

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
3 dots won't be fixed by HTC. Apps need to be updated.

Yes they will, & yes they have - they have fixed it in the latest leak build.

HTC have re-mapped the menu button with the recent tasks button.

b0fd802f-89f3-3720.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan