HTC ONE X - WiFi Experience on 2 new phones - AT&T

timtlm

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hate to sound like a phone rep but it could be a network issue. Have att reset your imei.

My last hox was HT25 and flawless even before root/rom. The issue I had was the sim reader somehow broke and wouldn't read any sim card I put in.

Sent from my HTC One X

Well, I actually have an evo lte (sprint cdma). Also, this issue is only with wifi. This appears to be an issue with all of the HTC one series phones, though. I know the one x recently got the 4.0.4 OTA update, and I assume my EVO LTE will get it soon too. Previous comments mentioned that htc said this would be fixed in an upcoming OTA. So, I'm just wondering if any of the users who have been having this issue can confirm that it has been fixed after the recent OTA update.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
FYI I have the delayed notifications issue while on wifi on my One S. When screen is on, wifi works perfectly and never disconnects. But when I turn screen off, it often takes awhile (at least 5-10 minutes) for notifications to sound.

This is only on wifi. On mobile data, I get notifications within 2-5 seconds or so.

Reactions: timtlm

timtlm

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
FYI I have the delayed notifications issue while on wifi on my One S. When screen is on, wifi works perfectly and never disconnects. But when I turn screen off, it often takes awhile (at least 5-10 minutes) for notifications to sound.

This is only on wifi. On mobile data, I get notifications within 2-5 seconds or so.

Yes, I really think that this is an issue with the entire htc one line. Incredible 4g (verizon one s) users are also experiencing. Someone on another forum mentioned using an app called regpon wifi keepalive in order to keep the phone from going into deep sleep while on wifi. It does work, and I get notifications immediately. It actually puts a partial wake lock on the phone to prevent deep sleep. Wake locks typically cause bad battery life, but I've been testing it for a few days, and battery life is still very good for me. If you try it, check both boxes. The first check box starts the service, and the 2nd one will tell it to turn off the service when wifi is disconnected. It's not an ideal fix by any means, but it works.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Decided to try something....turned WiFi off, and messed around in the One X forum here without any difficulties! When I went and turned WiFi back on, after viewing some posts here the browser got hung up again. Anyone have some ideas? Can it be a Bad WiFi radio?

phrequency86

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I to am having these wifi issues with an HTC One S on T-Mobile. While the phone is plugged in, notifications work as expected even while the screen is off. Once it's off the charger though, they're quite random. It takes at least a minute for them to show up.

Any news from anyone about this issue would be welcome. I know the keep alive apps work, but this really shouldn't be necessary.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
From my testing I found out that all along the issue is you need to go into settings>wifi>advance wifi settings and enable "the best performance" feature for wifi. It will drain your battery more, but seems to do the trick. FYI it might take a couple of minutes before it settles and starts to work perfect. When i used to toggle that option and test immediately sometimes i would not get the alerts with the screen off and it was just because i never gave it enough time to settle. So now in data mode or wifi mode i get all my alerts. Sometimes i still switch back to normal wifi mode in order to save battery.

timtlm

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
From my testing I found out that all along the issue is you need to go into settings>wifi>advance wifi settings and enable "the best performance" feature for wifi. It will drain your battery more, but seems to do the trick. FYI it might take a couple of minutes before it settles and starts to work perfect. When i used to toggle that option and test immediately sometimes i would not get the alerts with the screen off and it was just because i never gave it enough time to settle. So now in data mode or wifi mode i get all my alerts. Sometimes i still switch back to normal wifi mode in order to save battery.

Best Wifi Performance kills the battery worse than being on 3g. Plenty of other devices work correctly with wifi notifications. This is a workaround at best, and not a solution. Using an app called REGPON Wifi KeepAlive is also a workaround, and doesn't kill the battery nearly as much as best Wifi Performance.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE X - WiFi Experience on 2 new phones - AT&T

Best Wifi Performance kills the battery worse than being on 3g. Plenty of other devices work correctly with wifi notifications. This is a workaround at best, and not a solution. Using an app called REGPON Wifi KeepAlive is also a workaround, and doesn't kill the battery nearly as much as best Wifi Performance.

FYI i tried using REGPON WiFi KeepAlive and doesn't do a single thing. I still have the same issues with wifi being off when i put the phone to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI i tried using REGPON WiFi KeepAlive and doesn't do a single thing. I still have the same issues with wifi being off when i put the phone to sleep.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I discovered that I have these issues when I connect to my wireless n dlink router at home and my jobs router (not sure what kind of router).. However when connecting to my mother and sisters wifi routers who have Verizon fios I never get disconnects from wifi when phone is out to sleep. Also when I connect to my mother in laws dsl router I think it's a westell Verizon router it also works fine..

S? I think it's just not compatible with a lot of common routers.. I might buy a new router for my home to resolve the issue.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781