Call volume

imsofinite

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with, as the title suggests, my call volume. Even at max volume, it is usually too quite for me. Does anyone know of an app that can boost the volume of the ear piece? I'm not rooted, but I don't mind doing it; I just haven't had a reason to do so yet.
Any ideas?

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Volume +

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Volume+ doesn't really work with the One X. I've tried it and communicated with the developer and was advised it needed some modifications to work, and that the improvement would be minimal at best.

ETA: Go into Settings/Call and tick Hearing aids. That will increase the in call volume some.

Ethere

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about the Hearing Aid's option. I had to enable this to even remotely hear people on the phone.

TLD1

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm REALLY glad to find this topic, since I am contemplating trading my iPhone 4s for a friends HOX in the next day or so. Due to an accident years ago, I have some real hearing loss issues with my right (phone) ear.

Incoming call volume is hugely important to me, and the iPhone is barely useable for me. No matter how cool the phone is...if I can't hear callers through the damn earpiece, what good is it to me?

Guess I'm staying put if this is a common problem with this device.

Bummer. :(

I wanted something new.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I always thought the OneX's earpiece was loud enough. From going to play with the demo units they have at the AT&T store, those are very loud.

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
This is a non issue. My one x is loud and clear. Sounds like faulty hardware to me. I'm sure many other would confirm this. If it's still under warranty bring it back and get a new phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

dukeblue91

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this will help you but I noticed that if you position your ear a little higher on the tip part of the phone and angle it out a little it helps me hear much louder and clearer.

dukeblue91

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm REALLY glad to find this topic, since I am contemplating trading my iPhone 4s for a friends HOX in the next day or so. Due to an accident years ago, I have some real hearing loss issues with my right (phone) ear.

Incoming call volume is hugely important to me, and the iPhone is barely useable for me. No matter how cool the phone is...if I can't hear callers through the damn earpiece, what good is it to me?

Guess I'm staying put if this is a common problem with this device.

Bummer. :(

I wanted something new.

The HOX is much louder then my iPhone 4 ever was if this helps you.
The ringers are also louder then the iPhone as a matter of fact the only ringer on the iPhone that was worth anything was the Old Phone ringer and that is the one you hear all the time.

I was at my favorite bar the other night and every time someones iphone rang everybody was pulling out their phones to see if it was theirs. lol

TLD1

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
The HOX is much louder then my iPhone 4 ever was if this helps you.
The ringers are also louder then the iPhone as a matter of fact the only ringer on the iPhone that was worth anything was the Old Phone ringer and that is the one you hear all the time.

I was at my favorite bar the other night and every time someones iphone rang everybody was pulling out their phones to see if it was theirs. lol

I had the same experience at Best Buy the other night around the Apple Computer display. One guys iPhone rang the old, familiar "Marimba" ringtone...and people all around reached into their pockets or purse believing it was their phone that rang!

Priceless!

mohamxx

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
If you had sent your screen for replacement and are suffering from low volume.. This could be the reason

The dudes over at the service place didn't remove all the protective plastic that come with a new screen... There was this small plastic piece protecting the earpiece from behind the holes.. it was sitting between the holes and on the earpiece speaker. Removed it and what a difference..