HOX shuts itself off

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I fixed my HOX creaky issue by putting a Seidio Surface case on it but my wife's has a new problem with randomly shutting itself off.

Once she was just looking something up on the web and POOF gone. Didn't reset it shut down. Today while on a call two minutes in POOF off. She had to manually turn it back on. She has it in an Otterbox Defender so my only thought was overheating but we are in an AC home and she hadn't been using it before she took the call.

We have 3 days left to take it back within the first month I just want to know if others have this problem? If so I may just swap her out for a GSIII.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had this happen a few times including today while on a call. My best guess is to think of it like a pc, crashes happen. If it makes you feel better though, take it back and tell them it keeps turning off, they'll give you another.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen a few times including today while on a call. My best guess is to think of it like a pc, crashes happen. If it makes you feel better though, take it back and tell them it keeps turning off, they'll give you another.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I understand but 3 times in a couple weeks seems excessive especially considering she barely uses it. I use mine enough where I sometimes charge it 2x a day (I travel a lot) and I've yet to have a single crash. Maybe I'm just luck!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I fixed my HOX creaky issue by putting a Seidio Surface case on it but my wife's has a new problem with randomly shutting itself off.

Once she was just looking something up on the web and POOF gone. Didn't reset it shut down. Today while on a call two minutes in POOF off. She had to manually turn it back on. She has it in an Otterbox Defender so my only thought was overheating but we are in an AC home and she hadn't been using it before she took the call.

We have 3 days left to take it back within the first month I just want to know if others have this problem? If so I may just swap her out for a GSIII.

Take it back and get another one. It is certainly nor common to this phone.
If you were looking for an excuse to get a different phone, then that's fine too.

But chances are the replacement of the HOX with a new HOX will fix the problem.

(There are a LOT of problems being discussed over in the GSIII forums too. Be careful you look before you leap).

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
It was the device

Well turns out my wife's One X was a complete dud. I took it back due to the random power-off issues and her new one sounds perfectly fine inside her Otterbox case.

Thanks to those who offered help, luckily the problem is fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20