Text typing problem with one x.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I am hjaving a problem with my new one x. While trying to type text messages,
diffent words come up contrary to what I am trying to type. I guess it is an auto correct proble. I get weird little symbols over top of letters and different words coming up. It is such a pain.Is there some way that I can disable this? I just want to be able to type text messages or emails with out having to go back and check everything. Thanks.

1earful

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
assuming you're texting in english, have you checked your keyboard to make sure it's the english keyboard? sometimes i accidentally engage the wrong keyboard and i get funny text, too.

Reactions: quicksilver53

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Forget about the Sense keyboard and install Swiftkey 3, it is leaps and bounds better (than any other Android keyboard out there, not just Sense's). It is well worth the money!

Reactions: quicksilver53

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I have disabled autocorrect and this has made a huge difference. I have downloaded swiftkey, but not tried using it yet. I will try it later when I have some free time.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I have disabled autocorrect and this has made a huge difference. I have downloaded swiftkey, but not tried using it yet. I will try it later when I have some free time.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Be sure you try for more than 5 minutes. The beauty of Swiftkey is that it learns your language and knows what you are about to say. It suggests the next word, so that you end up typing less and less, and just hit the suggestions.

You can even Runtwo words together and it will figure it out and prompt: "Run two"

Down side: something about its keyboard causes me lots of typos on the left edge keys, (i'm right handed). It seems to recover from those, often without any effort on my part.

evang07

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes, +1 for SwiftKey. I was lucky enough to get it from Amazon app store when it was the free app of the day. Have been using it ever since. Best keyboard out there! Good luck.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007