Informal poll: International One X and WiFi

littlebone

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have some questions; I would guess it's more of a poll. I have the international version of the One X. Soon after getting mine, I started reading about the WiFi connect issue. xda-developers has an thread that runs over 240 pages on this issue ([HARDWARE FAULT] WiFi antenna fault. HTC One X [24.07.2012] - xda-developers).

I got my One X from Expansys, so I contacted them with a hypothetical: "If I get the problem, how do I get it fixed." I pointed them to the xda-dev thread. After a day or two they indicated that my phone had a two year manufacturer's warranty and that any problems like that should be handled through HTC.

I have put off unlocking and rooting the phone, because I felt it would be that much harder getting warranty service if I explicitly void my warranty. I can live with the stock One X for now, but I would really like to use apps like Titanium Backup and StickMount, which require a rooted phone.

I've had the One X for two months and the WiFi is pretty solid to date. But there are people in that thread who report the problem showing up after as much as seven weeks of operation.

So, enough preamble. Here's my three question poll:

If you are an international owner, have you had the WiFi hardware problem?

If so, was it fixed?

Is the WiFi problem inevitable? I ask because I can't tell if I am just making myself crazy by looking at a forum thread on xda where everyone with the problem reports in and those with no problems don't.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Got mine very early, and I do not have the hardware wifi problem.
I do have the Loop While Obtaining IP problem on some routers and have an open issue with HTC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer