My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
There you have it. You have one guy claiming something no facts to back it up with. I'd also point out that the tegra 3 doesn't work with lte, so that makes it close to impossible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

While is a Tegra processor and it is quad core, it is not the same the original One x was launched with... which like you said is not compatible with Lte.... but let's just wait.... just keep on eye on those rumors.... they are rumors though but they are very credible... given the fact that it hasn't only appeared in one of those sites but several....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
While is a Tegra processor and it is quad core, it is not the same the original One x was launched with... which like you said is not compatible with Lte.... but let's just wait.... just keep on eye on those rumors.... they are rumors though but they are very credible... given the fact that it hasn't only appeared in one of those sites but several....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

The Tegra with built-in LTE suppport won't be out until early 2013, according to nVidia's own roadmap. It'll have the Icera modem integrated on the SoC, much like Qualcomm is doing now.

There are also other Tegra version that'll be out sooner, like the Tegra+ (or whatever the codename is) that'll have slightly better graphics and clockspeeds.

If we have any hope of seeing quad-core with LTE built-in AND at least the same battery life we have now this year, it'll be from Qualcomm. We already know that their quad-core will be available this year, with improved graphics through the Adreno 320, and LTE support on die for good battery life.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
God, I hate posts like this. Instead of debunking line by line your abundant use of hyperbole I will simply point out that many of the people I've seen on these forums who actually own both phones prefer the one x. And that two of the editors of this very website use it as their weapon of choice.

It is also worth noting that this is a thread about owners of the one x giving their honest opinions of the device. It's not meant as a competition. You saw the phrase "popularity contest" and wrote a doctoral dissertation about why your choice (and thereby your opinion) is inarguably right for everyone in all circumstances. Others don't like this... Please stop.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Please don't call my post a doctoral dissertation when you display such embarrassing use of grammar and sentence structure in yours.

Focus on the content, not your assumptions. I read the whole thread before I posted. I know what it's about. I replied to a specific post. Deal with it or either ignore me or that post.

Ciao!

Reactions: locote25

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The Tegra with built-in LTE suppport won't be out until early 2013, according to nVidia's own roadmap. It'll have the Icera modem integrated on the SoC, much like Qualcomm is doing now.

There are also other Tegra version that'll be out sooner, like the Tegra+ (or whatever the codename is) that'll have slightly better graphics and clockspeeds.

If we have any hope of seeing quad-core with LTE built-in AND at least the same battery life we have now this year, it'll be from Qualcomm. We already know that their quad-core will be available this year, with improved graphics through the Adreno 320, and LTE support on die for good battery life.

Now if the One X+ has one of those new Qualcomm chips like the one in the Dev tablet I'll buy one so fast the cell store guy will be like "Hey where'd this money in my hand come from? And where'd that new phone go?"

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Or, to be precise, the majority of bought the S3 because Samsung had infinitely better marketing. More people buy McDonalds every day than gourmet cuisine. Does that make it better?
No, that makes it cheaper. Which is why HTC/AT&T is lowering the price on the One X. That analogy was almost terrible. More people can afford it, therefore more people will buy it. It's the laws of economics. You can't go into debt at a gourmet restaurant. They don't do Mortgages...

Oh and to the guys saying a tegra 3 One X will be sold I. The U.S., here's a quote from your article. While there are no new details regarding the handset?s debut on T-Mobile, LandOfDroid claims that the phone is also known as the HTC Evitaire and will be making its way to AT&T.
T-Mobile requires DC HSPA+ for their phones and the Tegra 3 - IIRC - doesn't support that yet (if it does, that's news to me). That's how they get 42Mbps (2 x 21) and typically those phones have absolutely bad battery life on moderate to heavy use compared to an AT&T HSPA+ 21Mbps phone. Probably the reason why T-Mobile hasn't launched any phones with 720p screens, yet.

T3 nor the new Exynos Quad support US LTE networks. NVidia and Samsung don't seem to be in too big a rush, either.

BTW when you have requirements and one phone meets them while another doesn't, it makes it the better device. Better is ALWAYS subjective, except in obvious cases.

Noldorian

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Folks, I just want to say thanks for all the honest, straightforward opinions. I'm rewarding myself with an Android phone purchase (either One X or G3) after I complete a certain project so of course I'm trying to figure which phone to go with. Threads like this -- calm discussions without hate rhetoric -- are hugely helpful.

Reactions: kkapoorr

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I love my HTC One X. I was an iphone lover for a long time but now sold on HTC One X and android OS. I cannot wait for Jelly Bean upgrade.

The screen was the main reason I picked HOX over SGIII. Both great phones!

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I love my HOX and would buy it again in a heartbeat! The GS3is a fantastic phone and would make a great choice but I really love the HOX hardware. It's just fantastic and the screen is unbeatable! I can't wait for JellyBean on this monster and am hopefull HTC/AT&T will give it to me soon!

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
And if you only are spending that I wouldn't feel too bad after 2 years if you didn't get much resale value

Well to be honest most devices aren't much of anything after two years. I felt lucky that I got $65 dollars for each of my EVO 4Gs last month.

cmahy

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm also fairly new to Android. I had the HOX vs. SGIII choice & went for the One X. From a spec perspective, yes, the Samsung wins mostly (SD, bigger batt, etc...). But: the One X screen and overall experience is amazing. Personally, you can't go wrong with either. My only regret is wanting the One S form factor (the One X screen + LTE won me over).

If you get the HOX... SwiftKey will be wanted.

Happy hunting!

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If you get the HOX... SwiftKey will be wanted.

Happy hunting!

This x1000. First thing I did was use $3.99 of my free Wallet credit and get SwiftKey. Just having long press options is worth the money.

DaeDae

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, I can say this: Choosing an Android Phone this year was as hard as it has ever been. In fact, it was harder this year, as I no longer have the option of upgrading every year (I switched from sprint to AT&T), and I will be stuck with the same phone for two years, as I'm not willing to pay full boat for a new phone next year.

So I had to consider a lot of different things. First up was User Interface functionality. I played with an HTC OX for about a week. I LOVED it. The simplicity, the ease of use, and the classic HTC appeal that I've loved this entire time (My Smartphone timeline--HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, Sprint Evo, HTC Sensation, Apple Iphone, HTC OX......Samsung Galaxy SIII), was present and more polished than ever. There were some UI hiccups (some unexplainable moments of stuttering), but nothing major and the phone for the most part hummed. However, a couple things got me looking across the fence at Samsung: The extra storage possibilities, The Extra RAM, and the UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER.

So my thought process went like this: I have to have this phone for two years. When I get bored, or when google follows up with whatever AFTER JB in the next 12 months, I want a phone that will run it like its still new. I needed a phone that was easy to use, EASY TO ROOT, and would still look relatively state of the art in a year. Samsung and HTC both used the same processor for their Summer Superphones, but the Extra Gig of RAM, I suspect will be handy down the road. Advantage Samsung.

Most of My music are FLAC files, and while I rarely store more than about 230-300 songs on my phone at once, FLAC files can easily exceed upwards of 30+MB per file. I currently have somewhere in the neighborhood of 750 GB of music in my catalogue. Needless to say, I need plenty of storage and the ability to comfortably put music on my phone (not necessarily videos in large quantities), as well as SHOOT short clips of my 1 year old son, without worrying about bumping into a storage wall. 16GB is too limiting no matter which phone I chose, so I had to give ANOTHER nod to Samsung for allowing me the option to increase my storage capacity to up to 80GB total. That's big.

And that's really it. It really came down to a couple areas where I felt HTC skimped for me: No expandable memory, not easy to root, and Samsung doubling down on the RAM.

UI experiences vary. Touchwiz is not NEARLY as horrible as people make it out to be, once you customize it (of course, coming from an Iphone 4, it wouldn't be that bad), and since I'm going to ROOT and flash a custom Rom at some point before the new year (I'd be running CM10 right now, if I trusted its current stability), it's rather moot.

What is NOT moot, is the spectacular nature of the HOX screen. I really cant describe how beautiful it is. Fortunately the only time I saw the difference between the GSIII and the HOX is when I had them side by side. At that point it was VERY VERY VERY noticable. But since I don't walk around looking at two phones all day, I reached a point where it, despite its CLEAR superiority, was not enough to overcome the hardware underneath it. Same for body design and durability. My wife mandates that I keep my phone in a case anyway, since I've broken the screens on two Evo's, a Sensation, and the Iphone 4, and even went swimming in the lake, with my Iphone in my pocket (it was so small I couldn't tell it was there).

Anyway, that's my experience. I'm not brand loyal, and if I were, I would be loyal to HTC (thought he sensation left a terrible taste in my mouth with how flimsy it was). I'm not big on commercials and marketing gimmicks. I think they are both great phones, but their target audiences are different. I even recommended a HOX to my brother in law a week ago (sadly and stupidly, he went with a Galaxy Note--"HURR DURR BIGGER SCREEN THAN YOU.....HURR DURR....).

Eric1987

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Hey the galaxy note is an amazing phone off. Dont hate because you have no sd slot a smaller and lower resolution screen and a smaller battery. Oh not to mention an inferior screen. Watch a movie on both and get back to me. Did I mention NFC? Oh better dev support too. Anything else I am forgetting?

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Somebody's sensitive. ^^^

Who even mentioned the galaxy note?

Last edited:

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can say this: Choosing an Android Phone this year was as hard as it has ever been. In fact, it was harder this year, as I no longer have the option of upgrading every year (I switched from sprint to AT&T), and I will be stuck with the same phone for two years, as I'm not willing to pay full boat for a new phone next year.

So I had to consider a lot of different things. First up was User Interface functionality. I played with an HTC OX for about a week. I LOVED it. The simplicity, the ease of use, and the classic HTC appeal that I've loved this entire time (My Smartphone timeline--HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, Sprint Evo, HTC Sensation, Apple Iphone, HTC OX......Samsung Galaxy SIII), was present and more polished than ever. There were some UI hiccups (some unexplainable moments of stuttering), but nothing major and the phone for the most part hummed. However, a couple things got me looking across the fence at Samsung: The extra storage possibilities, The Extra RAM, and the UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER.

So my thought process went like this: I have to have this phone for two years. When I get bored, or when google follows up with whatever AFTER JB in the next 12 months, I want a phone that will run it like its still new. I needed a phone that was easy to use, EASY TO ROOT, and would still look relatively state of the art in a year. Samsung and HTC both used the same processor for their Summer Superphones, but the Extra Gig of RAM, I suspect will be handy down the road. Advantage Samsung.

Most of My music are FLAC files, and while I rarely store more than about 230-300 songs on my phone at once, FLAC files can easily exceed upwards of 30+MB per file. I currently have somewhere in the neighborhood of 750 GB of music in my catalogue. Needless to say, I need plenty of storage and the ability to comfortably put music on my phone (not necessarily videos in large quantities), as well as SHOOT short clips of my 1 year old son, without worrying about bumping into a storage wall. 16GB is too limiting no matter which phone I chose, so I had to give ANOTHER nod to Samsung for allowing me the option to increase my storage capacity to up to 80GB total. That's big.

And that's really it. It really came down to a couple areas where I felt HTC skimped for me: No expandable memory, not easy to root, and Samsung doubling down on the RAM.

UI experiences vary. Touchwiz is not NEARLY as horrible as people make it out to be, once you customize it (of course, coming from an Iphone 4, it wouldn't be that bad), and since I'm going to ROOT and flash a custom Rom at some point before the new year (I'd be running CM10 right now, if I trusted its current stability), it's rather moot.

What is NOT moot, is the spectacular nature of the HOX screen. I really cant describe how beautiful it is. Fortunately the only time I saw the difference between the GSIII and the HOX is when I had them side by side. At that point it was VERY VERY VERY noticable. But since I don't walk around looking at two phones all day, I reached a point where it, despite its CLEAR superiority, was not enough to overcome the hardware underneath it. Same for body design and durability. My wife mandates that I keep my phone in a case anyway, since I've broken the screens on two Evo's, a Sensation, and the Iphone 4, and even went swimming in the lake, with my Iphone in my pocket (it was so small I couldn't tell it was there).

Anyway, that's my experience. I'm not brand loyal, and if I were, I would be loyal to HTC (thought he sensation left a terrible taste in my mouth with how flimsy it was). I'm not big on commercials and marketing gimmicks. I think they are both great phones, but their target audiences are different. I even recommended a HOX to my brother in law a week ago (sadly and stupidly, he went with a Galaxy Note--"HURR DURR BIGGER SCREEN THAN YOU.....HURR DURR....).

It's dang easy to root the one x/unlock the one x. There's even a one click app. I plug in a flash drive when I need to record long video, or when I'm flying and don't have data reception.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey the galaxy note is an amazing phone off. Dont hate because you have no sd slot a smaller and lower resolution screen and a smaller battery. Oh not to mention an inferior screen. Watch a movie on both and get back to me. Did I mention NFC? Oh better dev support too. Anything else I am forgetting?

Bigger doesn't mean better. The pixels per inch on the note sucks. If only size matters, I'm sure you'd prefer 400x800 or even 200x400, right? As long as it's big?

Some of us also have to use our phones as, you know, phones. Do you know how ridiculous (and difficult) holding a Note up to your ear is?