Having Issues after AT&T 2.2 Update

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've searched and can't find anyone asking about these problems. Since I've updated to the 2.2 update on AT&T I've had two really annoying problems. When typing my screen will randomly flash. Very brief, like one flash of a strobe light, but it's really annoying.

My other problem is with Chrome. At times, when I have more than one tab open all content will just disappear. Pressing the tabs button doesn't bring up open tabs. It does basically nothing. All I see is a white screen. The only way to get Chrome to work again is to force kill the app and restart it. Then you have to close one tab at a time, kill app, close a tab, kill app, until you have one tab left. I've tried clearing the cache but that doesn't help. Really annoying. I tried switching to the stock browser but geez it was so slow I couldn't take it.

Has anyone had and/or resolved these problems?

kevp913

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the Chrome problem as well. Haven't found a fix yet unfortunately. However there is a "close all tabs" button that does seem to work when it is locked up like this. I then open a new tab, Chrome crashes, and can restart back at square one.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I've searched and can't find anyone asking about these problems. Since I've updated to the 2.2 update on AT&T I've had two really annoying problems. When typing my screen will randomly flash. Very brief, like one flash of a strobe light, but it's really annoying.

My other problem is with Chrome. At times, when I have more than one tab open all content will just disappear. Pressing the tabs button doesn't bring up open tabs. It does basically nothing. All I see is a white screen. The only way to get Chrome to work again is to force kill the app and restart it. Then you have to close one tab at a time, kill app, close a tab, kill app, until you have one tab left. I've tried clearing the cache but that doesn't help. Really annoying. I tried switching to the stock browser but geez it was so slow I couldn't take it.

Has anyone had and/or resolved these problems?

I've noticed the flashing during Texting even before the update

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

treotogo

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Are you using SwiftKey 3? I haven't tried using the stock keyboard since I started noticing the flashing so I'm not sure if it's a problem with SwiftKey or not.

swiftkey 3 was not working well for me before the update so i deleted it. Did the update and have not installed it again.
I love the keypad, but for some reason my text would constantly adjust in size. When i would switch to stock the problem was gone.

I never noticed any problems with Chrome.

urbhusker

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Also have the flash issue and out of the blue the phone will vibrate on its own until I hit the home key. Flagship phone my $@$..2nd HOX in three months and WiFi still is weak. Even after update.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I forgot about that issue. I've had the vibration problem too before the update. I like this phone but the SGSIII is starting to look better, though I'm sure it has its problems as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I just typed a huge amount of rambling nonsense using the stock keyboard and it never flashed once. I tried the same amount using the SwiftKey keyboard and it flashed once. Not bad but I really hope they can get this straightened out. I'll continue to use SwiftKey because it's 100 times better than the stock keyboard but it's really annoying with the flashing. Trade one annoyance for another I guess.

xartic1

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried doing a factory restore to see if that would fix it? I haven't experienced one bit of flashing and I have owned the HoX for 3 months.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried doing a factory restore to see if that would fix it? I haven't experienced one bit of flashing and I have owned the HoX for 3 months.

I'd rather not go the nuclear route quite yet. If it gets too bad to handle I'll give the reset a try. My HOX must feel my displeasure because it's been acting pretty good these past 24 hours or so. I think it was watching me browse the SGSIII galleries and reviews and knows it needs to shape up quick. :p

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
All you with the screen flashes, go to Settings, Developer Options and uncheck "Show screen updates" (Flash areas of screen when they update)

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
All you with the screen flashes, go to Settings, Developer Options and uncheck "Show screen updates" (Flash areas of screen when they update)

That option wasn't checked when I went in there.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Trying out different keyboards other then swift key and no flashing...swift key is my fave though

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm having both issues. Chrome and flashing during typing. I'm using Swiftkey 3. Anyone have any solutions?