Hard reset question! And info. Thanks..

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
If I factory or hard reset my phone and the software version is 1.85 after I do so, if I check for updates again, will it notify me of the new one to 2.02?
Also what are the steps on this att one x for hard reset with the buttons. Is there a difference from using the buttons compared to just going through the menu? Thanks.
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Technically it should, but after receiving a replacement for my wife's phone (which was 1.85), I had to do a manual software update through HTC's website. As for the difference between resets, I think the difference between buttons and menu reset is if your phone won't turn on.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Technically it should, but after receiving a replacement for my wife's phone (which was 1.85), I had to do a manual software update through HTC's website. As for the difference between resets, I think the difference between buttons and menu reset is if your phone won't turn on.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I'm going to try in a factory reset the phone to see if it fixes my speaker issue. If not the phones going back.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I learned yesterday when I took my HOX to a service center in Schaumburg, IL how to do a hard reset. Hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time. Now if you are talking a factory data reset you go to settings,memory, scroll down to last option.

Fyi had to go there because talked on my phone over an hour and person on other end couldn't hear me after awhile. I have a Microcell tower and realized my phone was not connected to it so went to restart my phone in hopes it would connect and phone wouldn't power up. Drove the 45 minutes to factory warranty service center for At&t and after she did the reset it initially did nothing and she was about to move on and it booted up. She told me she really hasn't seen any HOX in there,and said they wouldn't have been able to swap the phone because it is so new they don't have any. Suggested to just call the phone number for warranty if problems soon for replacement, that replacement would have to be shipped.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams