Any way to make apps remember log-in? (Netflix, HBO Go, etc.)

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
First off, not sure if this goes here as it may be a HOX specific issue for all I know. If it's a universal device issue then I apologize.

I am wondering if there is any way to get apps like Netflix, HBO Go, Max Go, etc. to remember the log-in info. When I was an iPhone user, all these apps remembered my information every time after the initial log-in. It's quite irritating to have to put in a 22-character user and 14-character password every time. I would even be ok with something like PayPal's PIN log-in where you just type in a 4-digit PIN and you are in. Anything is better than how it currently works.

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if there is a difference in the app for ICS vs Gingerbread.....but when I installed Netflix and logged in, I remained logged in always (I'm on Gingerbread). In fact, the Netflix app doesn't even have a menu or an option for me to log out? Not sure about the other apps you mentioned as I don't have them.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I've ever had to re-enter my credentials for Netflix on my DROID BIONIC running both Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Haha... so I just opened Netflix and HBO Go this morning to see if I needed to log in and magically now they kept my info... this has to be some kind of joke. Literally just a week ago it would ask me every other time I opened the app to log in. Hopefully this lasts...

@AZSALUKI If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the first screen that comes up, there is the button to sign out of NF, in case you ever wondered. You are correct, there is no menu for NF.

Reactions: AZSALUKI