I bought my wife an ATT One X for her birthday a few weeks ago. It was crashing quite often and we were going to return it, but heard about the 4.0.4 update so we waited. We updated on Sunday and it is still crashing (rebooting). She has some apps loaded, but not too many.

It happens often in play store and has also happened in a few other apps (she does not remember). It just happened in the facebook app.

What options do I have?

We are still in warranty, should I return it?
    08-14-2012 01:20 AM
    I bought my wife an ATT One X for her birthday a few weeks ago. It was crashing quite often and we were going to return it, but heard about the 4.0.4 update so we waited. We updated on Sunday and it is still crashing (rebooting). She has some apps loaded, but not too many.

It happens often in play store and has also happened in a few other apps (she does not remember). It just happened in the facebook app.

What options do I have?

I dealt with AT&T warranty for literally months with my last phone. First thing they always ask you to do is a factory reset, have you tried one?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    08-14-2012 09:33 AM
    Mine reboots all the time, never when I'm using it though. It only seems to happen when the phone is in my pocket and I leave my home wifi.

The rebooting doesn't really bother me. Phones should be reboot regularly anyway.
    08-14-2012 09:37 AM
    Exchange it

Sent from my HTC One X
    08-14-2012 10:44 AM

What options do I have?

Bro if your within your 30 days it doesn't. Matter if it's got warranty. I can exchange it for a different one. Pretty much no questions asked

08-14-2012 11:16 AM
    I would try clearing the data for the apps that are crashing, before I would do a factory reset. SETTINGS-APPS-ALL and locate PLAY STORE, select and CLEAR DATA. Do this for any app causing crashes to see if this is all it takes.

Facebook is a PITA. Make sure your wife has the location part of the app turned OFF, so it stops triggering her GPS.
    08-14-2012 11:34 AM
    So, we did a factor reset and the problem still existed. We exchanged the phone for a new one. The new One X has had the same problem with rebooting. My wife has not installed any apps, only updating some of the factory installed apps. It has rebooted in the play store, contacts, text, and just sitting there.

Should we get another one?

Do others have this problem with their att HTC One X phines?
    08-25-2012 01:59 AM
    So what you're saying is that it randomly reboots? Or that apps force close? Crashing is a very vague term that can refer to many things, so having a little bit more specific information will be helpful.
    08-25-2012 10:17 AM
    Yes, it reboots. Most times it is while in an app, even stock contacts and texting. I have seen it reboot several times just sitting there as well. Currently her phone has zero apps, expect the ones that came with the phone.

At this point, this phone is definitely going back as well. The question is should we get another HTC One X or the GS3?

Is this just bad luck, getting 2 phones that with the same issue or is this common among HTC One Xs?
    Scorpio_Prince likes this.
    08-25-2012 10:52 AM
    Mine has worked like a charm for most part, got on launch day. I think 2 in a row is extremely odd.

08-25-2012 10:56 AM
    Extremely odd and frustrating!
    08-25-2012 11:09 AM
    You tried new sim already? Don't you have a HOX too?

08-25-2012 11:40 AM
    I would not want to live with that.
    Since you are still within the 30 day return period I would go and exchange the phone.
    08-25-2012 11:53 AM
    Your wife use a case? Have her try the phone naked for a day. Some cases keep buttons pushed on accident, and weirdness can ensue.

I have had to take a blade to my wife's case for this before.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums
    08-25-2012 02:21 PM
    I haven't read too many reports of people having the same issue as you. Whether or not you trade to the SGSIII is obviously up to you, but compare them side-by-side first.
    08-25-2012 05:12 PM
    My new HOX is doing the same thing. It crashes (reboots) when downloading from the play store, downloading in other apps, and almost always when loading video in the youtube app. I've done two factory resets and it still does it. I'm taking it in to the store today .
    09-25-2012 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD