AT&T 2.2 update and Chrome

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I love chrome. But after the 2.2 update it seems that after a about 10 mins online it won't load pages nor switch tabs. Then after I force stop it all is good.

Anyone having thus issue and have a fix?

Sent from my HTC One X

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
+1 Chrome has major issues with tabs after the latest firmware update... It's unusable. I clear out cache & cookies everyone I exit it and still cannot even switch between 2 tabs without the dreaded black bar. I just keep reporting it to Google via Chrome's menu in hopes they fix it.

Sent from my HTC One X

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
+1 Chrome has major issues with tabs after the latest firmware update... It's unusable. I clear out cache & cookies everyone I exit it and still cannot even switch between 2 tabs without the dreaded black bar. I just keep reporting it to Google via Chrome's menu in hopes they fix it.

Sent from my HTC One X

I'm doing the same

Sent from my HTC One X

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Does clearing data delete bookmarks and password log ins?

Sent from my HTC One X

Yes, if you go into menu/settings/apps/downloaded/Google Chrome and clear data it will reset Chrome to like when you first downloaded it, losing everything. Bookmarks would be synced to your Google account if you logged in via Chrome's menu, but saved passwords don't sync.

Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: erwaso

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. You should not have to take extra steps every time to fix something that was working well previously.