It there any way to just turn down or off the notification. I need to leave my ringer on at night, but dont want to get text or email notifications. when I go to the settings an turn one down the other turns down with it. I put the volume + app on hoping it would fix it but it did not. Thanks

Tim
    08-21-2012 05:36 PM
    Ok what I have found I could do it just turn off the Mobile network. This let me still get phone calls and text messages. It works perfect for what I was wanting.

Tim
    08-24-2012 03:13 PM
    Just turn down the volume a bit and choose quite sounds for notifications.

Notifications happen once, and a small chirp at a low volume won't generally wake anyone.

Choose a loud tone for ringtones. They happen repeatedly, and will wake you simply because they repeat.
    08-24-2012 03:57 PM
    Touch your volume button down on the side of your phone. Up will pop a slider box. On the far right of that box is a settings button. Touch that. On the bottom of the next box you can change the volume of your notifications. Well that's how it works on my old Tbolt & S3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-24-2012 04:02 PM
    Touch your volume button down on the side of your phone. Up will pop a slider box. On the far right of that box is a settings button. Touch that. On the bottom of the next box you can change the volume of your notifications. Well that's how it works on my old Tbolt & S3

This is the HTC ONE X forum, so how it works on the Tbolt and S3 is not germane.
    I assure you, it does not work that way on the One X.

Ringtone and Notification volume are slaved together on the HOX using Sense and ICS.
    08-24-2012 04:08 PM
    This is the HTC ONE X forum, so how it works on the Tbolt and S3 is not germane.
    I assure you, it does not work that way on the One X.

Ringtone and Notification volume are slaved together on the HOX using Sense and ICS.
    Sorry. This same question is posted in the S3 forum. Grabbed the wrong post to answer to. Btw. The Tbolt is HTC so it could have pertained to this post that way.

08-24-2012 05:38 PM
    Theres a widget called VolumeWidget that allows for independent control of ringer vs notifications. That could help too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-01-2012 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD