At&t one x owners and free 25gb dropbox

ironspider

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a lengthy back and forth with a Dropbox rep when I first bought my 1X. They said that ATT put the kibosh on the promotion and that I would not get it. I heard that those with the international version do get it though.

Reactions: robthesixthree

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I was on a different forum and users there have seemed to get it and I was wondering how they got it and now it's not available. Seems like a bunch of Crap to me.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If you flash the custom ROMs, you can then get it. I am not sure if it is the phone registering itself differently, or if the dropbox app starts out different, but I was able to get the dropbox space after flashing CleanROM.

The codebase is from an Asia release, so whatever Dropbox is looking for in order for you to be eligible, is apparently in there.

Sorry, but this is only useful for those that root/unlock. On my wife's, I backed up her stock config with nandroid, loaded CleanROM to sign up for dropbox, and then restored. Still has the space, so it is just the original signup and probably a unique phone they are looking for.

Reactions: robthesixthree

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I have an International unbranded (says HTC on the top under the earpiece grill) and I got the 25 gigs from DropBox as soon as I fired it up. It is definately AT&T that screwed you out of it.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Got my att HOX July 15 and once I installed and signed into the Dropbox app I got an email verifying my 23gb got added.

Sent from my HTC One X

Pyramid66

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone 3 weeks ago and installed dropbox and signed up for a new account hoping to get the 25 gb but I didn't get it. When I looked on Dropbox, it pointed out AT&T did not get it.

A week ago, I got an email from dropbox telling me I get the 23 gb plus extra if I upload a photo. I did both and now I do get 25 gb. My phone is completely stock but I did get the email shortly after my phone updated. Maybe the update had something to do with it?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You also have to complete a few steps that dropbox should prompt you to do when you login on the web. Once I did those I got mine. One X from AT&T on launch day.

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
There site says at&t has opted out of this program. Some people are getting it some aren't, now I'm confused.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I currently don't on my AT&T one x.

This just seems really stupid. The one flaw everyone pointed out on the original one x was no expandable storage, that at 32gig. HTC mitigated that with the dropbox offering...

So AT&T made their version 16 gig, making the matter worse, and then opted out of the one thing that would have directly answered this criticism. Is AT&T hoping to sell their own online storage service or something?

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Mind boggling isn't it ? Why in the world would you cripple one of your flagship devices? My best guess is that there is subsidiary costs involved on at&t's end and they didn't want to pay dropbox for providing us the service.

burrari

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You also have to complete a few steps that dropbox should prompt you to do when you login on the web. Once I did those I got mine. One X from AT&T on launch day.

Same here 1st day setup & pop an email with confirmation :)

dtonshel

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my One X yesterday, installed dropbox, enabled photo uploads, took a photo and now have a 27GB storage! I think you just need to enable the uploads from your One X and you'll be good to go.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I got my One X yesterday, installed dropbox, enabled photo uploads, took a photo and now have a 27GB storage! I think you just need to enable the uploads from your One X and you'll be good to go.

How do you enable photo uploads in Dropbox? Is it through the Dropbox settings? I have camera upload automatically if. Not sure if this is it.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Accounts and Sync must be set up first, then the camera app has to be set to auto upload.

You may want to think about keeping that last feature turned off, because it can beat the crap out of your data plan if you
turn it on and start taking tons of pictures at a party or something. Dropbox is a share target once you configure the account, so
you don't have to use auto upload all the time, just for the shots you want.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
You need to configure it in accounts and settings. You don't actually need the the Dropbox app installed. HOX has its own connector and that is the one that you have to configure. HOX camera uploading doesn't use the standard app.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
You need to configure it in accounts and settings. You don't actually need the the Dropbox app installed. HOX has its own connector and that is the one that you have to configure. HOX camera uploading doesn't use the standard app.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Okay, so I uninstalled the dropbox app. And I have accounts and sync. Not accounts and settings. I am not seeing any choice to add dropbox from this menu. Am I missing something here?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm