Random long vibrations.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I get random long vibrations whenever im on my phone. Its only happend twice since i've had it and it doesnt seem that its comming from any app. Anyone else.?

thomas0612

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same thing happen to me. Started about a week ago. I have the att version

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this as well. It's happened several times when I'm closing apps using the Recent Apps screen. It'll keep vibrating until I press the power button. Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing it.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've experienced this as well quite a few times

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of random buzz jobs....was doing a text, went to access the send, and got .buzz job until I touched another button-tab

dtvizer101

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I get random long vibrations whenever im on my phone. Its only happend twice since i've had it and it doesnt seem that its comming from any app. Anyone else.?

I remember reading somewhere that this happens when an
app freezes
Ram is full (clear out caches)
And or overheating

Idk for sure tho

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere that this happens when an
app freezes
Ram is full (clear out caches)
And or overheating

Idk for sure tho

Impossible cause i always have no more then 3 thing_open at a time. Music,messages, and browser. Even so i always kill anything im not using. :p

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Impossible cause i always have no more then 3 thing_open at a time. Music,messages, and browser. Even so i always kill anything im not using. :p

Still, this could be a sign of a busy processor.

When you start a vibration, you tell it how long to vibrate, but the OS renders this to a series of actions:
  1. Start vibrate motor
  2. Set timer to alert at stop time
  3. ---do other ---
  4. Timer triggers
  5. Send Stop vibration

Now a real busy machine (lots of "do other ") might be late in getting around to this stop task, especially if all processors are busy. And the AT&T model only has two processors, so tieing up both of them on concurrent tasks might leave that thing running a tad longer. You wouldn't notice it the vibration was late on starting, or a web page was late on loading, but a vibration would sure get your attention.

Maybe this is why this particular bug is seen less often in the quad core devices, because they tend to have more cores free to handle these asynchronous tasks.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I got a call back from HTC escalation. Go to manage apps, all, find HTC.sense input and clear data. He wasn't aware of the problem, but said they just posted a new Rom with simple instructions on HTC.com-
I suggested he view the AC 1X forum. I'm not the only one who has this buzzzzzzzzz
Also- it doesn't stop until you tab a soft key.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Has happened to me a few times as well. AT&T with 2.2.

Hitting any of the 3 soft buttons gets rid of it.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading up on this somewhere... it said it creates an error file somewhere, and I was able to replicate it by pressing a button combo. If I find it again, I'll let you know here.

EDIT: Found it. bobmarsh72 of XDA writes: " We have found that holding down both the volume up and down at the sane time, will write a file in the bugreports folder in the sdcard. It takes about 20 seconds for this file to be created, once it is finished the phone vibrates quickly 3 times.

So next time you have the random vibrate, check the folder on sdcard called bugreports and see if a new file has been created, and check the time it was created. This will show that the random vibrate is the phone just writing the bugreport file."

Sure enough, I do have said folder, since this has happened to me as well.

Sent from my HTC One X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800