so the only Windows in my house are of the kind you look through to see outside, and coming from iOS it was a breeze to sync contacts etc., now with the X and only Macs in my house i'm trying to sync my Contacts (from Mountain Lion) to Gmail, and then sync to X (i know there are apps that sync with iCloud, such as Smooth Sync, which i used) but i like to go native and not use 3rd party apps on the X if not needed.

so... on the Mac i do have a Gmail sync (in Sys Prefs > Mail, Contacts & Calendars) but Contacts are not listed;

i created an 'On My Mac' group, since there wasn't any, after i saw the 'On My Mac' account in Sys Prefs > Mail, Contacts & Calendars.

not sure what i am missing here... anyone ?
    purpleclad likes this.
    08-31-2012 02:06 PM
    On that screen, click configure and add your Gmail address and password. You will get a sync icon on the top right menu bar. That's all to do and it should keep all contacts in sync and you should also have a contacts sync item in your phone under Gmail sync account
    rrudeboy likes this.
    08-31-2012 02:16 PM
    thanks!

i *assume* you mean the circular icon made up of 2 arrows.. yea, i see that and when i click it has 1 options "Sync Now" which i pressed several times, but i do not see my Contacts show up in Gmail :-(
    08-31-2012 02:24 PM
    I also was not all that sure how the sync would work and finally gave up and exported my address book and imported them on Google mail website.
    I know this is not the best solution but does work right now.
    09-01-2012 09:24 AM
    contacts work fine for syncing on my Mac

you just need to manually setup a cardav sync asfaik, and google tells you how...

afaik you need to open Address Book, go to Prefserences, and select On My Mac, then you can see an option to sync with Google...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    dukeblue91 likes this.
    09-01-2012 10:41 AM
    contacts work fine for syncing on my Mac

you just need to manually setup a cardav sync asfaik, and google tells you how...

afaik you need to open Address Book, go to Prefserences, and select On My Mac, then you can see an option to sync with Google...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Awesome,
    Thank you for that!
    anon(21022) likes this.
    09-01-2012 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD