(HELP)Tried flash a custom Rom on my One XL

Vprice93

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried to flash a custom rom on my One XL(Att), and I had problems booting into recovery. Now when I power on the device, I am stuck at the HTC logo screen, with red text at the bottom that reads "This build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC?s written permission. Failure to comply may lead to legal action?.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
1. Are you able to get into recovery?
2. Did you install twrp or cwrm?
3. Did you make a nandroid backup?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Vprice93

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you hold down power + volume down it doesn't take you into the bootloader? White background with some barcodes and stuff.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What happens when you use the volume buttons to move down to recovery and then press the power button to select it?

If you get any rooted ROM to boot I would immediately get goo manager from the market and use it to flash TWRP (open recovery project). It works better for our device.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I didn't get back to ya, work got in the way. Luckily Mr. O'Quinn came to the rescue. Let us know how you made out.

Vprice93

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What happens when you use the volume buttons to move down to recovery and then press the power button to select it?

If you get any rooted ROM to boot I would immediately get goo manager from the market and use it to flash TWRP (open recovery project). It works better for our device.

I go into recovery & it just loops right back to the HTC logo with the text reading:?This build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC?s written permission. Failure to comply may lead to legal action... I can't by pass this screen.

efaustor

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem, I unlock the bootloader but When I try to enter in recovery mode always show the message "This build.....", please any idea how to repair this stuff.

thanks in advance

thedroidfanatic

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried to flash a custom rom on my One XL(Att), and I had problems booting into recovery. Now when I power on the device, I am stuck at the HTC logo screen, with red text at the bottom that reads "This build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC?s written permission. Failure to comply may lead to legal action?.

Is your bootloader still unlocked? And are you sure you didn't flash a ROM made for the Tegra 3 One X?

And try 'fastboot erase cache'

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Just general advice if you have the at&t version of the HOX You should not I repeat not use clockwork recovery, it was never ported correctly to the device and tends to cause many issues

Sent from my HTC One X

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
IF you have the same one x as I do I had the same problem. I am very new to the rooting thing and tried to flash and didn't get a full back up of the stock rom . I read all the forums and did a lot of research on the mess. I came up with this solution if yours is the AT&T HTC One X .
When in the bootloader screen does yours say:
***Tampered***
***Unlocked***
Evita PUT SHIP S-ON RL
and a lot of other lines refering to Hboot, radio ,etc?
if it does then down load Hasoon's All in One Toolkit for the HTC One X. version 2.1, in the boxes there is reference to "factory RUU's download one , I used htc_one_x_RUU_2.20.502.7att_us_08022012. I tried several others but this is the only one that would work on mine. I ran it from the desktop with the usb cable attached and it put my HOX back to factory almost.DO NOT RELOCK the bootloader, I did and had all kinds of added troubles. After , I got the bootloader reunlocked , I flashed ViperXL3.1. for a custom. There are others but I had troubles with them also. I was lucky and had TWRP installed before I had the problems tho. The AOI has the TWRP in it to flash plus Super User too. I understand CWM will not work on the ATT HTC One x version and all the forums I read suggests TWRP. I am a newbie to the Android if this helps , ok.
Also in the doing the research and reading I found that the AOI will not work with the HTC sync manager running .

Last edited:

juntjoo

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
i'm at the same spot here, though i've an M8 and i'm not even rooted. i unlocked the bootloader, and installed twrp, but now i cannot access recovery mode as this annoying red message comes up while phone attempts to open recovery mode(from fastboot window) then phone just restarts. so it appears the red message is the culprit. anyway, all solutions to this message seem to assume you're already rooted, which i'm not. so i don't know how i got into this assbackwards situation, but it sure sucks lol. any ideas? as you can see, being in the wrong forum, kinda, this is tricky. haven't found any ideas, let alone under my phone. help is appreciated...

edit: eureka! i didn't download the latest version of twrp, AS THEY LIST THE VERSIONS UPSIDE DOWN!!! whatever, my fault, KINDA! okay, got that cool blue twrp screen. back on my way to rooting this thing finally! hopefully

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc