Jelly Bean is Almost Here....

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
..... If you own a GS3......
Meanwhile, the One X has dropped off the planet. I get a few different feeds, The Verge, Pocket Now, AC and stories regarding the One X have dried up. I realize its now an "old" device but really, with all of the phones that have been released recently, the HOX is still on top and I would buy it all over again today. It's just frustrating that Samsung is doing what HTC should be - being proactive with this update. That's going to win them more customers and strengthen their brand even more. HTC missed the boat here. Sometimes being first is less about winning one race and more about creating an image. HTC has fallen and they need to realize that is the little things that create a strong brand image. WOW your existing customers and they will reward you with a tremendous word of mouth campaign.
Unfortunately Samsung, not HTC, will be getting that "look what my OEM did for me" boost.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
We will see. I think HTC just prefers to keep quiet about updates to avoid consumer rage when deadlines aren't met. You are closer than you think. Be happy, us evo lte owners will be behind even you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
We will see. I think HTC just prefers to keep quiet about updates to avoid consumer rage when deadlines aren't met. You are closer than you think. Be happy, us evo lte owners will be behind even you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I actually care less about getting the update than I do about HTC succeeding. They are producing the best hardware right now and I want them to continue to be a leader for a long time to come. Their sales slide is concerning.

cbc0201

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC was first to announce J.B. for One series and has delivered well ahead of Samsung unless you have the HOX. Right? Rest if world has been getting J.B. with Sense 4.1,? HTC had too, and has any GS3 seen J.B. yet? I really like HTC and their philosophy. Samsung only wanted thinnest and fastest. Hated that phone, but they have huge success, so what do I know.

But I really hope HTC makes it and what could have been for HTC if Apple didn't get these locked on Custom's and weeks ahead GS3 launch.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
HTC was first to announce J.B. for One series and has delivered well ahead of Samsung unless you have the HOX. Right? Rest if world has been getting J.B. with Sense 4.1,? HTC had too, and has any GS3 seen J.B. yet? I really like HTC and their philosophy. Samsung only wanted thinnest and fastest. Hated that phone, but they have huge success, so what do I know.

But I really hope HTC makes it and what could have been for HTC if Apple didn't get these locked on Custom's and weeks ahead GS3 launch.

No. It's still 4.0.4 with Sense 4.1. Jelly Bean is 4.1.X

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So htc did comfim JB for the one series which includes the one x,who cares when it comes.? It will in due time. Like one of the previous posts said,they probably arnt announcing any dates just in case they arnt met. Which is smart if them if you ask me.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
So htc did comfim JB for the one series which includes the one x,who cares when it comes.?

Well according to Jerry's postings and podcast comments YOU will care when it comes because it adds a great deal of speed and smoothness to any device.

Hopefully HTCs Sense layer doesn't mess that up.

So I'm excited for JB. But I have to say every complaint I had about this phone was cured with the last software update. (International version). Battery runtime is better than ever.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Well according to Jerry's postings and podcast comments YOU will care when it comes because it adds a great deal of speed and smoothness to any device.

Hopefully HTCs Sense layer doesn't mess that up.

So I'm excited for JB. But I have to say every complaint I had about this phone was cured with the last software update. (International version). Battery runtime is better than ever.

I Agree with the above post. I always liked Apple > Android bc of how Smooth the OS was. I only recently switched to Android again when HTC ONE X was launched due to how smooth it was compared to back in the 2.2 froyo days etc.... Then 4.0.4 launched and it became even smoother wow! love it... Now with Project butter I can't wait. The phone will be much more enjoyable, and i believe i finally found a home for good and will keep away from APPLE. :)

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I Agree with the above post. I always liked Apple > Android bc of how Smooth the OS was. I only recently switched to Android again when HTC ONE X was launched due to how smooth it was compared to back in the 2.2 froyo days etc.... Then 4.0.4 launched and it became even smoother wow! love it... Now with Project butter I can't wait. The phone will be much more enjoyable, and i believe i finally found a home for good and will keep away from APPLE. :)

I agree. I loved the smoothness of my iphone but my HOX is the total package! For the first time in a long time I will be happy thru out my 2 year contract! :-D

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Has Samsung released successor? So I guess the GS3 is old too?

The GS3 isn't old yet. It will be in November. That's just the way it is with such fast moving tech. Plus, my statement about the HOX being "old" came with a hint of sarcasm.
That being said, compared to EVERYTHING on the market now and EVERYTHING newly announced, I still think the HOX is the best available. I just want HTC to make sure they keep it updated!

cbc0201

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry missed the sarcasm, but the whole world just just not ours j. B. Yes, I would like j.b. too, However, not sure what j.b. will do for the guy working at Radio Shack GS3's. He's still on a 4 x 4 grid. Hasnt found home sceen yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze