switched from SGS3 to HOX a couple hours ago

MonumentSquare

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Very happy with my decision. Love the way it looks, love the quality of the build, the screen is super super nice. Very happy about this decision.

you might not know it, but you helped me make this decision.

thanks everyone.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with my decision. Love the way it looks, love the quality of the build, the screen is super super nice. Very happy about this decision.

you might not know it, but you helped me make this decision.

thanks everyone.

Good for you. I'd like to hear back from you in a couple days. Maybe fill us in whether you're still happy with the switch, what you miss about the S3, what's good about the HOX in comparison? I love my OneX and don't really care to switch to an S3. But if the opportunity came I would like to give it a test drive for a couple days.

Sent from my Nexus 7

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah, looks like we're in the same boat, man. Welcome aboard. :) What made you switch? Me, I was unfortunate enough to get a defective unit. TW crashed often, WiFi was extremely slow, and apps and things were just laggy. Plus, the screen wasn't bright enough to be seen here in sunny CA.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have both and they are both awesome phones. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

MonumentSquare

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
After going the weekend with it, I have to say, I wish I had gotten this before the SIII. I know there's a lot of back and forth about build quality and all that in these forums. But, the HOX just feels more sturdy to me. If I had held both phones prior to making my purchase, I would gone HOX from the get go.

Also, I didn't really mind Touchwiz. I liked the ripple to unlock thing. But, I found it way to easy to unlock in my pocket pulling the phone out. This is my first experience with Sense. There's actually a lot of similarity between Touchwiz and Sense. I almost feel like the arguing between the two is either over very minute details, or between people who haven't actually lived with both. I don't know, just a side thought there.

Another back and forth that I've seen a lot of in these forums is about the screens. I really didn't think it was possible to get any better than the S3 screen. Loved that screen. But, there's something about this screen that I actually like better. Not entirely sure what it is and I never had an opportunity to use the two side by side to really do any kind of comparison.

I've been fighting the AT&T update. I don't think I can postpone it anymore. But, I really forgot how great universal search it. (I realize that this isn't HOX specific.)

I'll report back anything new that comes to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

After going the weekend with it, I have to say, I wish I had gotten this before the SIII. I know there's a lot of back and forth about build quality and all that in these forums. But, the HOX just feels more sturdy to me. If I had held both phones prior to making my purchase, I would gone HOX from the get go.

Also, I didn't really mind Touchwiz. I liked the ripple to unlock thing. But, I found it way to easy to unlock in my pocket pulling the phone out. This is my first experience with Sense. There's actually a lot of similarity between Touchwiz and Sense. I almost feel like the arguing between the two is either over very minute details, or between people who haven't actually lived with both. I don't know, just a side thought there.

Another back and forth that I've seen a lot of in these forums is about the screens. I really didn't think it was possible to get any better than the S3 screen. Loved that screen. But, there's something about this screen that I actually like better. Not entirely sure what it is and I never had an opportunity to use the two side by side to really do any kind of comparison.

I've been fighting the AT&T update. I don't think I can postpone it anymore. But, I really forgot how great universal search it. (I realize that this isn't HOX specific.)

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

For one thing, the screen on the One X is much brighter. +1 on my scorecard, since I live in sunny CA and sunlight legibility is important for me. The S3 looked liked it was off, even at full brightness. Second, the One X rocks a Super LCD 2 display with an RGB pixel matrix, while the S3 comes out swinging with an HD Super AMOLED. Super AMOLED displays saturated colors, whereas LCD keeps it as real as it can. The lack of a 'plus' means it has a Pentile matrix, as opposed to an RGB matrix. The latter has been known to have grainy image quality compared to an RGB matrix. While some would say that Pentile is basically invisible at the S3's resolution, I beg to differ. I don't hold up my phone close to my face, nor do I try to rat out problems. It just happens to be that I have hawk eyes, and Pentile made it loud and clear that it has a beef with me.

Friend: Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Me: Nah, it's just my HTC One X.

MonumentSquare

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
One last thing... for me, there is an intangible quality about the HOX. Before I got bored of iPhone, I used to use and think "damn, I love this phone." Been trying to find something else that makes me feel that way. I got real close with the Nexus S, but we all know what happened there. Anyway, with the SGS3, I just never had that feeling. It never really felt like it was something that I was going to hang on to. But, for some reason, I feel the opposite way with this one. There is just something that I genuinely really love about using my HOX. So, there's that...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15