Contact Information on Lock Screen

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Out of curiosity does anyone know if you can put your contact information on the lock screen in case you lose your phone. I know I'm able to do this with my tablet running ICS and was wanting to do it on my phone as well. I really don't expect anyone to return it if I lose it, but one can hope.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
They teased to this on the AC roundup page. Kinda funny since there have been no answers.
I know in CM7 you can do it through the cyanogenmod settings (status bar tweaks/carrier label type.) Otherwise, I believe it requires an app such as Contact Owner. I've tried several (including that one) and none worked very well at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: jleakey

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
They teased to this on the AC roundup page. Kinda funny since there have been no answers.
I know in CM7 you can do it through the cyanogenmod settings (status bar tweaks/carrier label type.) Otherwise, I believe it requires an app such as Contact Owner. I've tried several (including that one) and none worked very well at all.

Cool thanks for the reply. I would love to Root it but it's my wifes phone and she won't let me.

Thanks for the links I'll have her take look at them.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Contact Owner didn't work for me, but reading the reviews, it works for plenty of others. Hope it works out for ya.

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
That's a great idea. It does allow for a different wallpaper so I'll have her try that.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Under settings - security I have an option for owner info, but I have a gs3 so idk if that's something Samsung added.

Sent from my Galaxy S III via Tapatalk

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I think widget locker lets you do what you want as well... Sorry for the double post =/

Sent from my Galaxy S III via Tapatalk

kevinnugent

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
No setting like that on mine either. Another annoyance is under the Settings - About section in About Phone - mine says Number Unknown. :(

SROJR

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I did this on my EVO Shift but can't find this option on the EVO LTE. Interesting. I'll be following this thread too.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
No setting like that on mine either. Another annoyance is under the Settings - About section in About Phone - mine says Number Unknown. :(

Your sim is set up wrong.

Walk in to your provider's store and ask them to burn you a new sim.

There are some apps that require this be in the sim, (not many, but still some).