Why don't people like HTC anymore?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Note a response but maybe a way to shut down HTC 5 inch phone. I'm going note 2 for the pen and big screen something I don't think the 5 inch HTC will do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The pen is the only thing it won't do. Everything else should be better (display quality, internals, camera).

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe maybe not given HTC track record and if u don't think that Samsung put this out for competition not only for the ip5 but that new dlx then u is under the influence lol

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say for me it is about specs mostly.

One. I'm never stock so unlockable bootloader is a must as is the ability to root.

Two. Software can be changed so why not buy a phone with decent specs for the time and run it like a madman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Exactly I like the hardware of my phone tw wasn't a factor seeing as I already knew I was rooting and flashing a asop rom but I wanted the duel core and 1.2 processor to play my n64 and psx games and stream music and tv

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Exactly I like the hardware of my phone tw wasn't a factor seeing as I already knew I was rooting and flashing a asop rom but I wanted the duel core and 1.2 processor to play my n64 and psx games and stream music and tv

Gotta remember bootloaders and make sure there is an unlock method and rooting for other oem's making Sammy a clear cut winner to most of the dev community as far as root freindly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I think HTC is awesome. I had a one x,and switched to a galaxy s3 cause I thought it would be better then the one x. And in MY extent,its not that great. I switched back to my one x after 4 weeks with the s3. HTC did things right with the one x. I don't care if they are making other better phones,I'm keeping my one x for a bit. :)

Sent from my awesome HTC one x:)

Mrluky

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
i had the evo 4g, i really had a crush on that phone, and i forced myself to keep it for six months, but the short life batt did it in . I just could not take it anymore.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my android world has been pretty much Samsung besides my first phone on vzw moto citrus and second one zte score on cricket then ns4g now the sgs2 on black Friday the sgs3

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah I forgot about my Samsung focus wp on att and all these phones was purchased THIS YEAR

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
This is probably a late reply. I have had two HTC phones in a row. HTC hero & then the Inspire. HTC hero was kind of a landmark phone and I enjoyed my Inspire but my gosh, what a battery hog. I kept two extra batteries and quite often, had to use them or keep the phone on a charger. I think the sense OS is a real battery hog and tends to slow their phones down too. It just draws too much on system resources. And the nonremovable battery was definitely a deal breaker for me. I just got the galaxy S3 and right now at around noon, its still at 87%. (I'm not a heavy user particularly when I'm at work) With the same amount of use, my Inspire would be ayt 50% and a lot of times, way below 50% and I'd end up putting it on the charger to get through the rest of the day. That's my opinion.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
This is probably a late reply. I have had two HTC phones in a row. HTC hero & then the Inspire. HTC hero was kind of a landmark phone and I enjoyed my Inspire but my gosh, what a battery hog. I kept two extra batteries and quite often, had to use them or keep the phone on a charger. I think the sense OS is a real battery hog and tends to slow their phones down too. It just draws too much on system resources. And the nonremovable battery was definitely a deal breaker for me. I just got the galaxy S3 and right now at around noon, its still at 87%. (I'm not a heavy user particularly when I'm at work) With the same amount of use, my Inspire would be ayt 50% and a lot of times, way below 50% and I'd end up putting it on the charger to get through the rest of the day. That's my opinion.

Never too late friend,but I agree. My one x doesn't last me very long. The one thing I did like of the Gs3 was the battery,I got 16hrs outta it. I get about 7 out of my one x. Unplugged at 6 and at 1 my battery is dying. With the s3 I had about 70-80% left at 3.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Never too late friend,but I agree. My one x doesn't last me very long. The one thing I did like of the Gs3 was the battery,I got 16hrs outta it. I get about 7 out of my one x. Unplugged at 6 and at 1 my battery is dying. With the s3 I had about 70-80% left at 3.

I'm still routinely getting 18 hours.

Since you say you are not a heavy user, maybe you should find and disabled some of the bloatware on the HOX that is using the battery and radios.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm still routinely getting 18 hours.

Since you say you are not a heavy user, maybe you should find and disabled some of the bloatware on the HOX that is using the battery and radios.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I did,first thing I do when getting bloated phones. I remove/disable those needless apps. *sigh*.. :eek:

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Just what are you doing if it dies that fast? :eek:

I killed my battery down today playing a game for like 20 minutes :p takes a lot to power this beauty of a screen :)

Sent from my HTC One X

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Just what are you doing if it dies that fast? :eek:

I killed my battery down today playing a game for like 20 minutes :p takes a lot to power this beauty of a screen :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Nothing really man,just listen to a bit of music b4 school for like 30min and I'm down to 85%. :/

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with battery drain when listening to music. The problem for me turned out to be the media server or service process that was running. This kept the phone in the stay awake state, thus the unusual battery drain.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

mikencis

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the HTC One X but didn't like it because of no menu button, no SD card slot also you couldn't remove the backing so therefore didn't have access to the battery. Some people will say that those are minor issues but to me this was enough to exchange it for another phone. Now I have an HTC Vivid and love it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

thedroidfanatic

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the HTC One X but didn't like it because of no menu button, no SD card slot also you couldn't remove the backing so therefore didn't have access to the battery. Some people will say that those are minor issues but to me this was enough to exchange it for another phone. Now I have an HTC Vivid and love it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Menu button was added in the new update. They're just following ICS/JB Guidelines....

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza