Why don't people like HTC anymore?

thedroidfanatic

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So will this update ever publicly hit the htc one x, or do we need to root it?

The update reached International One Xs loong ago. And it was on AT&T phones a few months ago too. Go to settings-display,buttons, and gestures, don't you have options for Changing buttons? Scroll down a bit?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I do love the camera in HTC, along with this being my first HTC phone. The camera is crazy. It's awesome.

Battery does die kinda fast, but it seems a lot of phones battery seems to start going down. My other phone, Optimus V, use to get 21hours with music and now it only gets 9.

With this phone, I'm down to 40-80 percent at the end of school. Unplugged at 7 and get home by 3:20. Normally I survive about 12 hours with it. Music kills battery heavy.

I don't understand why people in the S lll complain about a battery drain. They have about 15h and call it a battery drain with full usage almost non stop. Its just one of those things....

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The update reached International One Xs loong ago. And it was on AT&T phones a few months ago too. Go to settings-display,buttons, and gestures, don't you have options for Changing buttons? Scroll down a bit?

Very clutch! I have had this phone for 24 hours. The menu button on my Optimus S was a must for many things I have used for well over 1 year. Recent apps button, while nice, not so much.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I do love the camera in HTC, along with this being my first HTC phone. The camera is crazy. It's awesome.

Battery does die kinda fast, but it seems a lot of phones battery seems to start going down. My other phone, Optimus V, use to get 21hours with music and now it only gets 9.

With this phone, I'm down to 40-80 percent at the end of school. Unplugged at 7 and get home by 3:20. Normally I survive about 12 hours with it. Music kills battery heavy.

I don't understand why people in the S lll complain about a battery drain. They have about 15h and call it a battery drain with full usage almost non stop. Its just one of those things....

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
It's all about what you are used to. I was absolutely awed by the S3 battery life. Unfortunately it had other issues and so I ended up getting the Note II which is really what my heart wanted anyway. Battery life is still awesome. Took phone off charger about 8 am and it's 11 pm and still have 30% and I've been messing with it all day.

Before going Android I had blackberries and if I'd just come from a bb, I probably wouldn't be impressed by battery life of Galaxy 3 or note either one. Having come from an inspire I am awestruck! !!

piggypigs

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
On the contrary, it is HTC who shoot themselves in their foot with all the self inflicted injuries (QC issues, multi-tasking fiasco, non removable batteries/sd card, bad battery life) that are well reported. Nothing Samsung could do will have as much impact as these faux pas which they made on their own violation.

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
On the contrary, it is HTC who shoot themselves in their foot with all the self inflicted injuries (QC issues, multi-tasking fiasco, non removable batteries/sd card, bad battery life) that are well reported. Nothing Samsung could do will have as much impact as these faux pas which they made on their own violation.
Totally agree...as the proud owner of a HTC Sensation...looking to update to a 4G capable phone...I'm NOT even considering HTC...the sole reason I purchased the Sensation was its differentiation from the iphone (removable battery, micro sd storage, android OS)...now that HTC is making iphone wannabes (unibody construction with no removable battery or micro sd storage) I'm done with them...probably move to Samsung S4 (though my first smartphone was a Samsung Intercept...a TOTAL disaster)...come on HTC, offer a phone that is NOT an iphone lookalike OR face the inevitable decline of your market share and eventually your entire cell phone business.