Lumia 920

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the Dell venue pro WP7 and the OS was amazing. Butter fast like IOS, and not many bugs at all. Only thing it was lacking on for me was apps. Other then that it was amazing and I loved the live tiles. Right now I'm loving my one x and waiting for jelly bean, but who knows maybe next year I might or might not ot switch all depends on how ios/windows mobile and android are doing. I'll wait for when I'm illegible for an upgrade then so my research :p

But right now the One X with ICS 4.0.4 is the winner for me!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Only1Z

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The international One X is 32 GB. And the One X plus will have 32 GB and a snapdragon S4pro which is twice as powerful as the CPU in the lumia. Even more unfortunate for Nokia, the One X plus is likely to drop in October, before the Lumia.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Everything I have read says that the One X Plus will have an upgraded Tegra 3...not the S4 Pro.

---------- Post Merged at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Well the Lumia's camera blows the 8X out of the water and with both of them having NO SD Card slot the Lumia 920 coming with twice the storage (32GB) is clearly superior. The Lumia also has a bigger battery and superior screen.

Really unless having the thinnest/lightest phone is your highest priority the Lumia is clearly superior - ESPECIALLY when you add in Nokia's exclusive apps which will not be available for other manufacturers' devices (Drive, Traffic, Music, City Lens, and their Camera Software will be souped up with tech they got from Scalado, among other things).

That is all something to consider because earlier today when I was going to a Cave tour and we lost absolutely all reception on AT&T Google Maps became 100% useless when it had to reroute, and Bing Maps would be no different. And since the cage is pretty much all low light for the most part, the Lumia's camera would have been superior to anything else on a smartphone. If I go back to Windows Phone, the 920 will be the only choice. And I'll ETF and switch carriers for it. It will be that good compared to what HTC and Samsung has coming out.

All this is complete speculation. Please don't argue this as fact. Wait until reviews start coming in.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone tempted by the Lumia? I haven't seen anything interesting from Android manufacturers coming and I definitely don't want an iPhone. I've got an upgrade coming and thought about trying it out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I thought about it but went with the iPhone 5 and I couldn't be happier with the decision.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The international One X is 32 GB. And the One X plus will have 32 GB and a snapdragon S4pro which is twice as powerful as the CPU in the lumia. Even more unfortunate for Nokia, the One X plus is likely to drop in October, before the Lumia.

Most people in the US buy smartphones on contract, that means One X on AT&T here. Even then, the International One X is missing LTE on AT&T so it's a non-starter for a ton of people now that AT&T has started rolling out LTE at a decent pace. That means 16GB storage as well. I wouldn't buy anything like an Unlocked Nexus or International device because of the lack of LTE on AT&T.

So the Lumia will still launch with 32GB storage, and people like me won't be at the mercy of AT&T or Verizon (or whoever) for whether or not they can get 25GB+ cloud storage "for two years" (25GB SkyDrive for life :) ). It'll still have a better screen. It'll still have a better camera unless HTC pulls off a miracle before then. And really "twice as powerful CPU" probably means something to you as an Android user but WP7 had no issues performing great on S2 chips so that's a pretty useless spec to rave about when comparing these two operating systems. We all see how WP7.5 runs on S2 processors, while Android lagged and stuttered all over the place on the same hardware (even had updates to phones cancelled because of performance issues, etc.).

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Most people in the US buy smartphones on contract, that means One X on AT&T here. Even then, the International One X is missing LTE on AT&T so it's a non-starter for a ton of people now that AT&T has started rolling out LTE at a decent pace. That means 16GB storage as well. I wouldn't buy anything like an Unlocked Nexus or International device because of the lack of LTE on AT&T.

So the Lumia will still launch with 32GB storage, and people like me won't be at the mercy of AT&T or Verizon (or whoever) for whether or not they can get 25GB+ cloud storage "for two years" (25GB SkyDrive for life :) ). It'll still have a better screen. It'll still have a better camera unless HTC pulls off a miracle before then. And really "twice as powerful CPU" probably means something to you as an Android user but WP7 had no issues performing great on S2 chips so that's a pretty useless spec to rave about when comparing these two operating systems. We all see how WP7.5 runs on S2 processors, while Android lagged and stuttered all over the place on the same hardware (even had updates to phones cancelled because of performance issues, etc.).

The screen is debatable. No reviewers have declared it better at this point. What is a fact is that it's thinner, lighter, more powerful and will launch before the lumia.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If you've seen Nokia's clearblack screens just bump up the resolution and the quality should be comparable. It will be superior to the SLCD 2 in the One X.

The camera will still be better (you skipped that).

More powerful really doesn't matter on WP8, the S4 will be more than enough just like the S2 is more than enough on the L900. Android needs all it can get though, I understand.

And whether it launches before the Lumia is a complete non-factor, because anyone considering the Lumia won't get the HTC One X+ instead, since they run different OSes. They will simply wait :)

HTC needs to get their flagship Windows Phones out if they want to get the jump on Nokia there, and I don't think they're good enough to warrant NOT waiting for Nokia to launch their handset...

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you've seen Nokia's clearblack screens just bump up the resolution and the quality should be comparable. It will be superior to the SLCD 2 in the One X.

More powerful really doesn't matter on WP8, the S4 will be more than enough just like the S2 is more than enough on the L900. Android needs all it can get though, I understand.

And whether it launches before the Lumia is a complete non-factor, because anyone considering the Lumia won't get the HTC One X+ instead, since they run different OSes. They will simply wait :)

HTC needs to get their flagship Windows Phones out if they want to get the jump on Nokia there, and I don't think they're good enough to warrant NOT waiting for Nokia to launch their handset...

The screen is still just a guess. Looking at the tech behind clearblack it's 6 of one half dozen of another. They took two different paths to the same result. Eliminate air gaps to reduce glare. Even the new iPhone screen is only just as good as the One X screen with all its fancy nomenclature. I expect it to be a wash, and that's if the Nokia screen can go as bright as the One X.

Cameras will need to be tested, but I've been impressed by the IMS and if lowlight performance is as good as they say that'll be nice. But image quality still needs to be compared.

Processors won't matter because of the way WP8 runs. Twice the power on am android phone doesn't mean the android phone will be twice as fast.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

It will be important for many WP8 apps. The OS may run smooth, but you can guarantee there will be plenty of WP8 apps that will require all the juice you've got. Trying to say it doesn't matter how powerful your CPU is with WP8 is just not accurate.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It will be important for many WP8 apps. The OS may run smooth, but you can guarantee there will be plenty of WP8 apps that will require all the juice you've got. Trying to say it doesn't matter how powerful your CPU is with WP8 is just not accurate.

If the S4 can run the One X smoothly, it'll be ok running WP8.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why he finds that hard to believe. That really doesn't even factor in though, since anyone considering WP8 will be comparing the Lumia to the 8X and Ativ S not any One X variant in the decision making process. People choose platform before considering hardware, typically.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
It looks like a pretty slick device dont get me wrong,but android has got me hung over their os and custimizability lol. It looks like a great device,but i wouldnt trade my s3 for it.

Sent from my S3:)

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I give all a try the lumia 920 looks great and since I do have the 900 it's on vacation right now, I am use to the heft but those htc phones look nice as well I think Nokia will have the better pics and new tech

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I happened to have an upgrade and with the $99 and free wireless charging dock right now I purchased one yesterday. I still have my OneX too. So far most of the things that caused me to return the lumia 900 have been resolved. Will see after a bit of time. I am having problems with is the twitter live tile so far. Words with friends (which I play with family daily) is now on Windows too for $2.99 without ads. The app isn't working as smoothly like androids or IOS (I also have an iPad). I also do not like the Facebook app as well, but the built in integration of Facebook in the people hub is great. I love the dedicated camera button too. I am a bit bummed they don't have an app for Dropbox and have to figure out how best to access my music from google and Amazon. It is a bit odd to not have a notification bar too. Will see after a bit of time what I use as my daily phone but was a great deal for the phone.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Well I happened to have an upgrade and with the $99 and free wireless charging dock right now I purchased one yesterday. I still have my OneX too. So far most of the things that caused me to return the lumia 900 have been resolved. Will see after a bit of time. I am having problems with is the twitter live tile so far. Words with friends (which I play with family daily) is now on Windows too for $2.99 without ads. The app isn't working as smoothly like androids or IOS (I also have an iPad). I also do not like the Facebook app as well, but the built in integration of Facebook in the people hub is great. I love the dedicated camera button too. I am a bit bummed they don't have an app for Dropbox and have to figure out how best to access my music from google and Amazon. It is a bit odd to not have a notification bar too. Will see after a bit of time what I use as my daily phone but was a great deal for the phone.

I used my upgrade too and kept my One X (as i bought it full price). I had a $50 credit from Best Buy through their phone freedom and then we will get a free wireless charger. heck yeah, I'll try it. I have 30 days to decide if I like it or not. So far I'm happy. Just getting used to the new OS as I haven't used Windows Phone before.

UPDATE: the Lumia 920 is on walmart for 49.99 so I went back and they price matched it. So, FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I get to claim the wireless charger on the 16th from Nokia. I only felt a little twinge when I saw the release for the HOX+. IT's not that big of an update and I can always sell the HOX and put that towards the HOX+

Last edited: