Wifi trouble. Please help!!

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
OK. I've never had any wifi problems until recently. I connect to my wifi and it says I'm connected and my signal bar has full bars. My problem is nothing works. With full bars on my wifi my link speed is 1 mbs. So I check my other phone and my wife's phone and theirs say 65mbs link speed and have no problems. Could some one help me. Thanks.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
OK. I've never had any wifi problems until recently. I connect to my wifi and it says I'm connected and my signal bar has full bars. My problem is nothing works. With full bars on my wifi my link speed is 1 mbs. So I check my other phone and my wife's phone and theirs say 65mbs link speed and have no problems. Could some one help me. Thanks.

Go into wifi and check settings/menu under wifi. Then advance. Make sure best wifi performance is turned off. And maybe check under settings also and check connections are set to auto. Had this problem also. This fixed it. If not try resetting the router. Even though the other phones work. Last resort is factory reset.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
What is your One X seial number? Earlier ones had wifi issues. But yours has full bars. So not the problem.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
All the settings are correct. The serial # starts with h something 24

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Before doing a factory reset I recommend you first going to wifi settings and disconnecting then reconnecting. If that doesn't work try a standard reboot. Then reconnecting.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
There are other reports of people installing some goofie shopping app that reset the default gateway to some lame proxy server that was installed
with the phone. When this happens, everything tries to run thru that proxy server so that they can serve you ads, or steal your info or whatever.

So uninstall any apps that you installed recently.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Bump to the top cause I've noticed something I can't explain. So sitting in the room with my router my WiFi is doing what o posted about. So when I leave and go to a room farther away it starts working again. The router is out in the open also. I wanted to post this from my living room but couldn't so I moved into a farther away room and posted it. Any info I would appreciate. Thanks

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Also noticed I put the phone on the floor in the living room and it started working. Could there be some interference? If so what would cause it?

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Just normal entertainment center things. Tv Xbox etc.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I've heard of wifi being swamped by signal strength that was too high, but never have actually seen it in real life.

Does your router have adjustable antennas? If so maybe try tilting them so that they slant away from place where reception is bad.

Still seem unlikely. In my office at work i sit 5 feet away from two different routers and don't have a problem.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2