Why did you pick the One-X of S3?

lespaul

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
On the fence between the two. Am I wrong, or do reviewers seem to favor the One-X? Thoughts on why you went with One-X over S3 would be appreciated.

Thx!

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
1. The One X feels better in my hand - that's very very important as I don't put a case on my phones.
2. It has a better screen, this is equally important as I spend most of my time using the screen. Why would I want to settle for a second rate screen if i can have something better.

Those were the two big reasons, I don't need more than 16gbs of storage as I don't keep much music on the phone and I'm always changing the music content (don't keep any movies on there also) so expendable memory was a moot point for me. Same with a removable battery. Everything else was a wash. Go into an AT&T store and play with both for a bit, it'll really help you out. They're both great phones either way.

Sent from my HTC One X

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Better Design, better screen, Sense(though subjective). I have the international version so 32 GB is enough storage. HTC Image Sense and Tegra zone.
That why.

What He Said.

Plus I had the international HOX two or three months before the S3 hit the streets, and I remember very well how quickly Samsung abandons phones.

If you log into the Samsung S3 forums there is just as many, if not more problems being ed about over there.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I like the HTC style, build quality, and sense. Simple reasons, but I love my phone!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a co-worker who just got the SG3 and claimed it to have the best screen (along with being the best phone) on the market. I held up my phone next to his and he actually stepped back in disbelief at how stunning this phone is. It is a beautiful piece of work. Like an earlier post said, I don't have a lot of music or movies on my phone, so storage doesn't matter. The screen is what you are staring at all day.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
In these phones, 2 GB RAM is just to sell the phone. It is not of much use.

Also I'd wanted a phone that feels as good as the money I spent to buy it. The S3 IMO feels as cheap as the Nokia 1100 while the One X does not. Just my opinion.

Basically if you want hell lotta storage and slightly better battery life, go for the S3. Otherwise I don't see any reason to go for it.

Author Of NoobTech
http://wp.me/2uu9r

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Better screen and build quality, really. Storage isn't a problem for me, I keep all my music, games, and photos on my iPod touch.

Plus all the "Whoa dude, what phone is that?!"s I get are pretty satisfying. :D

Sent from my HTC One X

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Because when I hold a $500+ phone (carrier subsidies be damned), it shouldn't feel like a cheap, plastic toy. Samsung may have bigger wallets and further reach than HTC, but the one thing they don't seem to have figured out on the phone front is style and quality. TouchWiz is functionally short-bus-special and the plastic battery cover actually fell off of the demo unit at the AT&T store I went to compare the 2 at. I am coming from a strictly iPhone existence for the entirety of my smart phone-owning life, so the buzzwords of removable battery and micro SD card slot fell on deaf ears, no matter how many times the sales agent pimped it to me. He tried to slam the HOX and showed me his phone. I put the demo HOX next to his phone (the demo units were smartly kept about 10 feet apart from each other), cranked up the brightness to half, did the same on his, then sat them next to each other and just smiled smugly at him. He didn't seem to realize that just because it has an AMOLED screen that doesn't mean it is of better quality. Their screens aren't even in the same league. I don't need 2GB of RAM when all the apps and games currently on the market are optimized to run on far less. PLUS, it was $100 cheaper and every bit as good as, if not entirely better than, the S3. It's my first Android, and so far it is the best phone I have ever owned (which is saying a lot when just 3 months ago I would have told you that Android phones suck and my iPhone 4 was the answer to my wettest dreams).

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I came from two Evo' s and loved them both, and had the LTE for one day, and couldn't do it. Screen feels small compared to the S3. I also love the replaceable battery.

As far as screen quality, I'm on my phone all day long and I couldn't begin to tell a difference between the two. When I had the LTE there was no more a wow factor with the screen then there is with the S3.

The bottom line is they are both great phones and you have to decide which one works best for you. I tried them both and this time it was the S3. When HTC comes out with their next phone I will definitely take a look.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I came from two Evo' s and loved them both, and had the LTE for one day, and couldn't do it. Screen feels small compared to the S3. I also love the replaceable battery.

As far as screen quality, I'm on my phone all day long and I couldn't begin to tell a difference between the two. When I had the LTE there was no more a wow factor with the screen then there is with the S3.

The bottom line is they are both great phones and you have to decide which one works best for you. I tried them both and this time it was the S3. When HTC comes out with their next phone I will definitely take a look.

.1" made it feel small to you?

I picked it because it was out first, but didn't doubt my decision at all when I saw the S3 announcement.

Camera and screen drew me in. They still haven't been clearly beat yet IMO.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

llllBULLSEYE

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The 2gb ram is important and plays a good role in multitasking which the S3 does better.
I picked up my HOX over the S3 cause of these reasons
-its 100 dollars cheaper
-feels way better in the hands
-the design is nicer
-I love beats audio so that is one major thing that leaned
me towards this phone.
-Always wanted an HTC phone
one thing I hate is the small internal memory.
I mean come on if you are not gonna include SD card slot then
at least make it 32gb. I

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

While i agree that the gs3 is CLEARLY the better phone (features, removable battery, micro sd) the screen is better on the one x.

The one x isn't even HTC's best phone, that honor belongs to the EVO LTE.

But the galaxy s III is king.

Where is this crap about build quality coming from?

Apple makes tens of millions of plastic iPhones no one says a word about build quality. They just tout the fact that the phone is lightweight which apparently is a priority. Everyone else has made plastic phones as well

Now Samsung does it, creating the lightest phone currently available and essentially out appled Apple and more suddenly it's a build quality issue?

I can attest that this thing is built very well! Way better than the EVO 4g for sure and better (especially in appearance) than the EVO LTE.

Samsung is evolving while pumping specs while HTC is simply pumping specs

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

schlemer

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
It was $99, It looks and feels good in hand and I like Sense. Should have have expandable storage slot. The sealed battery not a deal breaker. Apple has sold billions of iphones and ipod and have never had a removable battery. Dual core processor is nice (4 is nice, but for my needs, not needed).

Sawinator

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I chose the One X because it has a brighter screen & better camera (S3 over saturates green). I could have gone either way, but these two qualities are more important to me than removable battery or upgradable storage the S3 offers. My 2 cents.....

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Apple makes tens of millions of plastic iPhones no one says a word about build quality. They just tout the fact that the phone is lightweight which apparently is a priority. Everyone else has made plastic phones as well

Now Samsung does it, creating the lightest phone currently available and essentially out appled Apple and more suddenly it's a build quality issue?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Um...I'm pretty sure my last 2 iPhones were glass and aluminum, thank you very much. No plastic to be found on the body, save for the buttons and switches. And even when the 3G (and 3GS) had a plastic back, it felt solid and didn't have any bend to it. I understand that the bend was the battery door, but that still doesn't invalidate my opinion that the S3 felt cheap in my hands while the One X felt solid and flawless. It's a nice phone, but it didn't do it for me so I didn't get it. Sorry you don't like my reasoning, but that's what it is.