Phone doesn't turn on...Faulty battery? What do I do?

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an an HTC One X for a few months now, it has worked fine except that it usually got really got when I was charging it. For the past few months, I dismissed it as natural and I didn't bother to have it checked out. However I woke up today and tried to turn it on, nothing blinked so I just plugged it in to the charger, no big deal, battery has died 20+ times on me so I was expecting 2 hour charge and then I can turn the phone on.

After 2 hours I go and check on the phone and I try turning it on but nothing happens,and then I check to see the charging light ( red one on the top), there was no light so I concluded the whole device wasn't charging at all. I supposed this is a defective battery and it all of a sudden has stopped charging. I don't see how this is a software problem and I have no idea if it is a hardware problem but I don't think so, just last night the volume and sleep/power buttons were all working.

Right now, I have a phone that doesn't turn on and I am clueless as to what to do. Do I go talk to the store manager and possibly have to send it in to get it fixed? ( I assume its still under warranty) Or do I wait a few days and hope that it starts charging again? Has anyone else experienced this? If I do send it in, will I lose all the data on my phone? Photos, Downloads, Movies etc??

Any help or response is greatly appreciated!

TL-DR - Phone doesn't work, I suspect it is a battery problem? What do I do now?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't wait, take it back.

You can try holding power down button for one minute. Try that with it plugged in and with it unplugged.

Try another charger. Just about any android charger will do, or just plug in to your computer's usb port for an hour.

If none of these work, just take it back and get it replaced.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't wait, take it back.

You can try holding power down button for one minute. Try that with it plugged in and with it unplugged.

Try another charger. Just about any android charger will do, or just plug in to your computer's usb port for an hour.

If none of these work, just take it back and get it replaced.

Unfortunately, that seems to be my only option now. I am going to leave it overnight and maybe miraculously it will work...

Do you know if my personal data is conserved or will all my data on the phone be wiped blank?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hard to say. If you get a new phone, as well you should, then only the stuff on your Google account will still be there ready to sync with your new phone.

Pictures and stuff will be lost.

If they try to fix the phone, it might just need a new battery, in which case every thing should be intact.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say. If you get a new phone, as well you should, then only the stuff on your Google account will still be there ready to sync with your new phone.

Pictures and stuff will be lost.

If they try to fix the phone, it might just need a new battery, in which case every thing should be intact.

Hopefully its a battery problem only then, it seems like a battery problem anyways unless someone can suggest otherwise. darn HTC, if only they had a removable battery.....

farzin-st

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
hello every one i have a samsung galaxy star galaxy star.when i was installing a ROM my pc turn off by it self and ROM not installed completely.now my phone doesnt turn on.please help.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
hello every one i have a samsung galaxy star galaxy star.when i was installing a ROM my pc turn off by it self and ROM not installed completely.now my phone doesnt turn on.please help.

Well you are limited on options. If the process of installing a Rom is interrupted, that's bad. So you can't turn it on at all? Have you tried to hold the power button for a while? Can you access your bootloader?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of things called jtag, How about a little specificity?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
There are a lot of things called jtag, How about a little specificity?

For example. Brickedmyphone is a jtag service. They do worldwide shipping. Although one thing for sure, this route is expensive. Considering it is a galaxy star, I guess you can ask yourself: "Should I spend money repairing it, or save up for a new one."