Camera Settings

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
What are some of the tweaks everyone does to the camera settings to take better pics? I know I saw a great detailed thread about this but can't find it in these forums. I'm curious to see who really has dug into this.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Set the image resolution, (for both snapshots and movies). I use the max resolution for both.

Then I turn on Grid under camera interface to help me remember to level the camera, because its so easy to
get shots that are tilted. I turn off shutter sound. (personal prefference).
Set the above once and forget them.

I virtually never use flash.

In areas with extreme lighting differences I use HDR. (has to be selected each time, the setting
wont remain if you close the camera).

Other than that, the camera is spectacular. Taking great shots is like falling off a log, its drop dead simple. (pun intended).

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Go to camera options and uncheck the option for widescreen. All it does is use less of the image sensor.

I've been recently having some better luck by not using auto mode. The white balance seems to be a little off with that. Landscape works pretty well for most general outdoor photos.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
the one tweek i find most helpful is to reduce saturation by one.seems to remove the tendency for a reddish tint to some photos

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I second turning off widescreen - you aren't getting full resolution using that setting. Also I was using auto ISO, but I have since turned that off in favor of ISO 100 and just use flash when needed - the higher ISO's are crap for quality.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The tendency of the phone to select a high ISO was fixed with the latest software update. I haven't seen any inappropriate ISOs used recently.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2