Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been using poweramp as my music player and I really like it but while listening to m4a (aac) files I always get this static crackle in the background (happens through the headphones, phone speaker and BT connection to car stereo). It's really annoying, I haven't had this problem with any other music player on this phone. I've messed with DVC and RG settings and nothing is helping. I've gone back to doubleTwist but would like to continue using poweramp. I've been over on their forums and emailed them but no reply.

Has anyone else had this problem on their HOX?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have heard that having Beats active at the same time as other EQ's can cause problems. Pretty sure Poweramp uses an EQ, or at least has one. Try turning Beats off and see if the crackle stops. If so, will want to see if Beats or Poweramp EQ does you better, and disable one or the other.

1earful

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
how large are your aac files? i had some enormous aac files downloaded as a tryout and there was a bit of crackling at times, but very rarely. i finally converted the huge files to something smaller as it made no sense not to and power amp seems to be fine. added frame of reference: i'm using an int'l stock hox, no beats.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
The crackling static is very common, almost constant while only listening to aac files. They're not large at all 2-5 megabytes for most. This only happens with Poweramp, I've tried other music players and they don't have this problem.

Last edited:

1earful

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling power amp? when i resized my files, removed the larger ones and added the smaller ones in, it took a bit of adjustment to get things going right again (though i'm not much of a techie, so it could have been me) - sound was okay, but not all album art, etc. looking back on it, i think it might have been easier to uninstall power amp and reinstall it.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
If this app cause all that much problems Uninstall It!

There are others in the market. Why fight it?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Because it is by far the best music player that I've used on Android with the exception of this problem. I haven't used it in some time because of that issue but if it could be fixed then I'd happily go back to using power amp.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been using poweramp as my music player and I really like it but while listening to m4a (aac) files I always get this static crackle in the background (happens through the headphones, phone speaker and BT connection to car stereo). It's really annoying, I haven't had this problem with any other music player on this phone. I've messed with DVC and RG settings and nothing is helping. I've gone back to doubleTwist but would like to continue using poweramp. I've been over on their forums and emailed them but no reply.

Has anyone else had this problem on their HOX?

I had the same problem with power amp. I uninstalled it and purchase Player Pro instead with their DSP pack. No more crackling sound. Works much better. But I still disable the Beats Audio when using headphones with this app.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20