Delayed bootup jingle?

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I understand this quite OCD, but my One X seems to play the AT&T bootup jingle a bit late, right before the HTC logo pops up. Any thoughts on what is probably going on? I'm just a bit curious.

Sent from my HTC One X

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup, that's ocd.

But to play a sound an show a boot screen you have to have some portion of the boot loader running.
And if you have fast boot set, it skips some steps between first sound/screen and the actual bootup.
That might compress the time between those two screens.
I've never understood why there has to be two boot screens.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I turned off fast boot a long time ago due to it killing my battery while it was sleeping. I don't know if it had something to do with installing my Invisible Shield (I was EXTREMELY careful with the application liquid), but after I put it on then that's when the bootup sound got delayed a bit. The phone works fine, though.

Thanks for the replies, all! :D

Sent from my HTC One X

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I turned off fast boot a long time ago due to it killing my battery while it was sleeping. I don't know if it had something to do with installing my Invisible Shield (I was EXTREMELY careful with the application liquid), but after I put it on then that's when the bootup sound got delayed a bit. The phone works fine, though.

Thanks for the replies, all! :D

Sent from my HTC One X

I doubt shield had anything to do with it.
And fast boot doesn't affect battery use while sleeping either, at least I've never heard anyone make that claim.

I boot my phone so rarely that the boot up sequence is not something I'm very familiar with.

If you see it often enough to be familiar with the timing, my first question would be why are you powering off your phone?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I always power off my phone before I go to bed, and let it charge overnight. Not to mention that if it sometimes gets hot, a reboot does the trick.

So I'm guessing you leave fastboot on?

Sent from my HTC One X

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I always power off my phone before I go to bed, and let it charge overnight. Not to mention that if it sometimes gets hot, a reboot does the trick.

So I'm guessing you leave fastboot on?

Sent from my HTC One X

No, I have fast boot off.
And i just plug it in and let it charge at night. I never turn it off (unless the flight attendant insists.)

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I remember someone on XDA saying that fastboot drains battery, because it apparently leaves the phone in hibernate as opposed to turning it off. Plus I heard charging while the phone's off is generally better. But, since you don't, how's your battery life? How much usage do you usually get out of a charge?

Sent from my HTC One X

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Minimum of 18 hours on a typical business day (many short calls) but on slow days I've gotten as much as 28 hours.

I have the international version, and spend much of the day on wifi. I use auto brightness. I also use only email accounts that support imap (push) so my phone is not polling for mail.

No Facebook (or other battery hogs).

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Ooh, sounds good. I actually charged up my HOX a while ago before I left the house without powering down and I managed to squeeze out 4 hour screen time from 50% battery. I think I'm not going to bother powering off anymore. :D

Sent from my HTC One X

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech