One x+ officially announced by htc

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Some of us hate being tethered to a charger just to use the phone.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
I have never used my phone while connected to a charger (other than the car dock), and have never felt "connected", as in needed to be by one. The battery lasts me more than 24h. The ONLY time I charge my phone, is when it is in the car dock during my commute. I NEVER think about it. Who spends more time "connected" to their battery problem I wonder?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have never used my phone while connected to a charger (other than the car dock), and have never felt "connected", as in needed to be by one. The battery lasts me more than 24h. The ONLY time I charge my phone, is when it is in the car dock during my commute. I NEVER think about it. Who spends more time "connected" to their battery problem I wonder?

If that battery lasts you more than 24 hours, you my friend are a light user.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I got it. After your 12 hours of heavy use, you swap in the fully charged spare. Then you place the depleted battery in a charger for 12 hours, while you are using the spare. So you never have to plug your phone in to charge it since this can be done everyday.

Seems more convenient than having to hunt down an outlet for charging a phone when not in use or when you're stationary. I'm missing out.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I only charge the phone when I sleep so I have 2 fully charged batteries when I wake up.

If Samsung robbed me of that ability I'd probably check to see what BlackBerry had up its sleeve of I couldn't find a high end phone that lets me replace the battery when it dies

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
And neither the cost of that dedicated charger, or waking up in the middle of the night to swap batteries so both can charge, is never mentioned by battery swappers.

By far the easiest and cheapest solution is an external battery pack. For around $55 you can find these with upwards of 8500mAh, enough to recharge the phone 4 times, while its IN YOUR POCKET. It will also charge your bluetooth.

Half the people claiming they need to swap batteries spend their day driving, where a cigarette lighter charger is readily at hand. The other half are in class all day. I'm really hard pressed to figure who these people are that have all day to spend on the phone, with no down time between calls that could be used to charge.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

The cost for the dedicated charger is 3 bucks shipped and the battery was 8, so 11 bucks.

And I would hope no one wakes up in the middle of the night to swap batteries out a phone, that WOULD make replaceable batteries pointless.

Swappable batteries are better than non swappable period. No debating that.

Also those charging cases add a lot of bulk to the phone

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ya, not sure what he is talking about with the middle of the night thing. I got 2 batteries and a wall charger for less than $20 on ebay. I can charge 2 batteries at once. One on the wall and one in the phone on the cable.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Still no removable battery or SD card. But certainly 64gb is more than enough. How have you found the battery to be on your One X Kevin? I have the SGS2 and couldn't dream of a full day unless it is off.

Edit: sorry Missed the other posts.thanks.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

My battery life is great. Easily lasts an entire day, but I consider myself a moderate user at best (I'm on wifi 90% of the time at least).

Is this coming to At&t for sure? Or just T-mo?

It's definitely coming to AT&T, and I'm pretty sure it's exclusive for a little while. No T-Mo as of yet.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes a removable battery is always a better option, but it still doesn't matter to a lot of people. The S3 is a great phone with a removable battery, but that wasn't enough to make me want it instead of my One X. For me personally a removable battery is pretty far down on my list of desired features.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Battery talk is getting stale, just agree to disagree. That's the advantage of android, if you want a device that has a removable battery, you can get one. If you don't, you can get one of those too. Different styles for different folks. Embrace the option that you can choose :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

anon(104764)

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Just Sunday I almost pulled the trigger on a S3...but something about the HOX screen and feel made me reconsider. I come back to the forums a day later and "booyah" ...HOX+ announced.
Storagewise...64GB is plenty...even 32 would have made me happy. Internal battery at 2100mah is fine as well as I am rarely away from an outlet more than 9-12 hours.

If I could switch gears by changing the topic from swappable batteries to release date.....what's a good guess on when they plan to have this stateside in retail stores? Being holiday season and all, I think a December launch would be too late. Even early-mid November might be a bit late as people shop early. October however, would be perfect. Would the sales/demand for the iPhone5 or S3 impact ATT's decision on when this is released? But then again, the more higher end phones available before the holiday season would only work in their favor....any thoughts?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Just Sunday I almost pulled the trigger on a S3...but something about the HOX screen and feel made me reconsider. I come back to the forums a day later and "booyah" ...HOX+ announced.
Storagewise...64GB is plenty...even 32 would have made me happy. Internal battery at 2100mah is fine as well as I am rarely away from an outlet more than 9-12 hours.

If I could switch gears by changing the topic from swappable batteries to release date.....what's a good guess on when they plan to have this stateside in retail stores? Being holiday season and all, I think a December launch would be too late. Even early-mid November might be a bit late as people shop early. October however, would be perfect. Would the sales/demand for the iPhone5 or S3 impact ATT's decision on when this is released? But then again, the more higher end phones available before the holiday season would only work in their favor....any thoughts?

I think so,it would benifit them and us (inderectly cause their getting our money haha) but i hope they release it before Christmas cause for christmas i would like THAT htc one x+ lol.

Sent from my S3:)

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I know i was the first to post this,but is the htc one x+ gonna be the same form factor as the one x.? Cause i bought a case for my htc one x i had and still have the case but dont know if itll fitt the x+. Anyone.?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know i was the first to post this,but is the htc one x+ gonna be the same form factor as the one x.? Cause i bought a case for my htc one x i had and still have the case but dont know if itll fitt the x+. Anyone.?

They look pretty close. I think they might be exactly the same.

I'm mobile or I'd check HTC's website.

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Will someone PLEASE tell me that Verizon will carry this phone! The One X was one phone I loved when I was with AT&T but I am moving over to Verizon now! If It comes to Verizon I'd be ONE HAPPY CAMPER!

I read that it was going to be an AT&T exclusive.

Sent from my HTC One X

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

The hardware is going to be the same as the one x. The only difference between them is that the + is going to be black only and have a "softer touch" polly. Even more of a Matte finish. With the upgraded specs I think this phone will be the best Android device available. I wish I could jump on it but I'm only halfway through me 2 years. :banghead: That's ok though, I still LOVE my One X! Patiently waiting for Jelly Bean.

Sent from my HTC One X

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Sweet,thanks guys. Now all i need is a screen protector lol. Anywho,if the one x+ is comming with gorilla glass 2 which is lighter then the original one; how much in weight would the x+ be compared to the original one x if most the hardware is the same except processors and the front facing camera.? Much of a difference.?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sweet,thanks guys. Now all i need is a screen protector lol. Anywho,if the one x+ is comming with gorilla glass 2 which is lighter then the original one; how much in weight would the x+ be compared to the original one x if most the hardware is the same except processors and the front facing camera.? Much of a difference.?

Not much of a difference at all. Probably not noticeable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03