Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Is it really worth getting rid of my HTC One X for the upcoming One X +? I have no problems whatsoever My ONE X has been flawless. Yeah I do love the quad core in the new processors coming with it. And a lot more memory. Not sure what to do.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The value is up to you. If I had the money I would absolutely figure out a way to get one. There are enough improvements to make me want it.

I still want to see the battery life claims put to the test, though. The Snapdragon has gained a reputation for being power efficient (look at the international vs att one x), and the Tegra hasn't changed that much. Will the increased battery and potential gains from the Icera integrated modem be enough to beat the Snapdragon?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The value is up to you. If I had the money I would absolutely figure out a way to get one. There are enough improvements to make me want it.

I still want to see the battery life claims put to the test, though. The Snapdragon has gained a reputation for being power efficient (look at the international vs att one x), and the Tegra hasn't changed that much. Will the increased battery and potential gains from the Icera integrated modem be enough to beat the Snapdragon?

My thoughts exactly. I think what all do is wait until the phone is out for a month or 2. Let it work its quirks out and problems. And see how long it lasts how great it runs. Then I make a decision from there.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Is it really worth getting rid of my HTC One X for the upcoming One X +? I have no problems whatsoever My ONE X has been flawless. Yeah I do love the quad core in the new processors coming with it. And a lot more memory. Not sure what to do.

I got to play with one about a month ago.

Physically, it's nearly identical on the outside. Exactly the same look and feel.

Under the hood? Definitely faster. You won't notice any huge visible changes in Sense 4+. It's been tightened up some.

If you can get one cheap/free, I'd do it. Otherwise, if you're happy with what you've already got ...

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Don't forget the bigger battery.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I plan on getting one. I will probably sell my one x to fund it or see if I can get at&t to let me do an early upgrade to get one since I bought the one x about 3 months ago. Maybe a Xmas present to myself.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I plan on getting one. I will probably sell my one x to fund it or see if I can get at&t to let me do an early upgrade to get one since I bought the one x about 3 months ago. Maybe a Xmas present to myself.

I know att was giving $200 trade in for the One X a few months ago. Not sure if this is the same now. They probably lowered that now.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

AT&T ETF Policy is here: Early Termination Fee Policy

So long story short, if you sell your current phone, you need to get 325 (minus about 30 bucks for "time served") just to cover the ETF, (or about $295), then you have to cover the up-front fee on the new phone which will probably be $199 (at least for a while). Note: I'm guessing here, because I don't think AT&T has announced a price yet, but all high-end phones seem to start at $199.

So you need $495 from your current phone to get the upgrade with no out-of-pocket.

No Commitment pricing on the current One X phone today from AT&T is 499.
So most people won't pay you any where near 494 when they can pay 4 dollars more and get a warranty, or
just pay 99 bucks with a two year plan.

So I suspect you are going to have to kick in a little money for this upgrade, probably $150 or more likely $200. If you get the ETF from your sale of your current phone, that's probably about as good as you will get.

Might still be worth it for you, but its not for me. Maybe when LTE is more widely deployed.

Last edited:

dav2321

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting it. Improved battery,storage, access to tegra enhanced games (even though I dont play very often). I bought my HOX on ebay so I'll just sell it. If their smart they'll release it soon to lessen the competition with the Nokia 920 and what ever else is about to drop.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
If you see it fit. Me, sure, everything on there makes me drool, but if I buy it I'm sure soon enough something even better will pop up. I want it, but so far my One X does everything I need it to. Although a slightly bigger battery would be nice, I'll have to see how well that Tegra 3 baby behaves.

Sent from my HTC One X

LesMiserables

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
It's an amplified one x. Personally, the one x + sounds perfect. I was hooked at '64 gb'. I'm just a little upset my old Aria died on me before the end of the year

Now Faster & Smoother!

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the difference is more evident for the US version, the international one is a bit closer to the OneX+, but I agree that the battery on the Tegra3 model has been weak compared to the snapdragon version.

Personally, with all the talk about the HTC phablet, potentially with a 440ppi, true 1080p HD screen at 5 inches, I am going to wait! ;-)

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I think the difference is more evident for the US version, the international one is a bit closer to the OneX+, but I agree that the battery on the Tegra3 model has been weak compared to the snapdragon version.

Personally, with all the talk about the HTC phablet, potentially with a 440ppi, true 1080p HD screen at 5 inches, I am going to wait! ;-)

I'd wait for the new A15 soc phones to come out. The LG optimus G has about the specs I've seen so far with the s4 quad pro, true HD ips+ display will put everything to shame, the new battery tech, 2gb of ram. Really if u already have the one x I'd wait for something that is truly an upgrade which would be something with true 720p HD display. An A15 soc chip, 2gb of ram. Something along those lines. The one x+ probably wouldn't even be a noticeable upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

RBFesquire

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm so happy with my One X (international) I'm not planning on doing a swap just yet. It looks the same to be honest and I'm happy with the speed and look of this. Yeah. I might wait and see what's coming later next year but at the moment I'm chuffed to bits!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd wait for the new A15 soc phones to come out. The LG optimus G has about the specs I've seen so far with the s4 quad pro, true HD ips+ display will put everything to shame, the new battery tech, 2gb of ram. Really if u already have the one x I'd wait for something that is truly an upgrade which would be something with true 720p HD display. An A15 soc chip, 2gb of ram. Something along those lines. The one x+ probably wouldn't even be a noticeable upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Did you not see that Phil said its noticeably faster? Also, the S4 is NOT A15. Its a custom core based on the ArmV7 instruction set. And while it'll definitely be fast, what's actually going to use all that power? Not web browsing, and not running a UI. Qualcomm needs to get some games optimized for its architecture to really show what their stuff is capable of.

Also, "true" 720p is 1280x720, not 1280x768.

I'm not saying you don't have some valid points, but your facts are off.

Design is subjective, but IMO the One X/+ look WAY better than the G. The display quality will most likely be a wash, same with the camera. Sense > LG UI IMO.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
To be fair, Phil said the One X+ was slightly faster, but it was running JB. The reviews from the Euro writers say the same thing.

Oh, and Phil confirmed he played with it a MONTH AGO, just as I speculated in another thread where everyone was doubting the existence of this phone.

A lot can change in a month.

WolvesWR18

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I will wait for JB on the One X, then I will compare my One X to a X+ at the AT&T store. Selling the X and buying an X+ full price will probably cost $150-$200 out of pocket. Will have to see a side by side comparison in person to see if it's worth it.

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the unlocked Asian market One X+ will have LTE? Or any other version for that matter? Or will it just be the carrier-locked North American ones that have LTE?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz