HTC One X shutting down with full battery during phone calls?

Kinotsu

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just bought my AT&T HTC One X, brand new about 2 week ago, and its been a great amazing device, despite having 1 dead pixel right in the middle of the screen, I got used to it.

I finally got around to making phone calls and picking up calls, and the call quality is great and clear, but probably for the 4th time now, it will just completely turn off. The first time it happened, I was talking for an hour with a friend and it suddenly got quiet and I figured hm, the call must of dropped. So I looked at my screen,which was all black despite the phone being away from my face, and pressed the power button and nothing was happening, then the "HTC Quietly Brilliant" screen popped up. I checked my battery percent and it said "93%", so my battery must not be the problem. I brushed it off, but it has happened ALOT of times now during long phone calls, usually 1 hour into a call, it will just shut down, and I'll have to turn it back on and call my friends back telling them sorry, my phone turned off.

Should I return it? Has anyone else had this problem? I'm on stock, I have NOT rooted, or done anything other then install of few games like Zenonia and change my wallpaper.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Take it back. Immediately.

They will replace it on the spot.
The dead pixel alone is enough to take it back within 30 days, let alone the shutdown.

Kinotsu

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Take it back. Immediately.

They will replace it on the spot.
The dead pixel alone is enough to take it back within 30 days, let alone the shutdown.

I just went back and exchanged it for a black one instead, and it has no problems at all.

Thank you :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt