Just bought a one x and have the nvidia tegra 3 quad-core

daddy69

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Well guys I decided due to the incredibly poor coverage from the carrier GCI here in Alaska I returned the phone. It hurt cause I loved that phone but I spent most of my time on Edge network. I got way better coverage with at&t so I went back to them and kept my vivid.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Well guys I decided due to the incredibly poor coverage from the carrier GCI here in Alaska I returned the phone. It hurt cause I loved that phone but I spent most of my time on Edge network. I got way better coverage with at&t so I went back to them and kept my vivid.

You could wait till at&t gets the one x+ and get that phone.
Or get the current one x from at&t for one cent.

How was the fishing?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

daddy69

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
The fishing was awesome, didn't catch any halibut but I caught a bunch of rock fish and ling cod. Had a big fish fry tonight with my buddy. We went out about three hours outside of Whittier and the day was sunny and the ocean was calm. I saw a bunch of sea lions and some dolphins. No whales though. Great time though. At&t has the onex for a penny? I might just cancel this line and get that one.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am in Fairbanks ak, and bought the gci one x front and new on Craigslist for $300. I was surprised that it was unlocked, was quadcore and had 32gb of storage. Like the other guy said, there is no way to check for updates on this phone. It's stuck on 4.0.3. I will sell it and buy the one x plus at the end of the month.

anon(961671)

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
It does on this international phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350194109387.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350194109387.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 74

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am in Fairbanks ak, and bought the gci one x front and new on Craigslist for $300. I was surprised that it was unlocked, was quadcore and had 32gb of storage. Like the other guy said, there is no way to check for updates on this phone. It's stuck on 4.0.3. I will sell it and buy the one x plus at the end of the month.

You should be able to get updates, unless it's a pre production engineering sample. Which is possible, but I highly doubt that's the case.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to get updates, unless it's a pre production engineering sample. Which is possible, but I highly doubt that's the case.

I've been emailing htc about this. Today they email me saying I have a Netherlands handset and linked me to the international htc site which doesnt help me one bit. No word why the check for update option is missing from this phone. Is htc that bad?

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
And HTC wonders why their sales are down. Nobody at HTC can tell me how to update my phone. They made a product and do not know how it's meant to be updated. Seriously.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Well you can't necessarily blame HTC for a phone you got on eBay, when you can't even be sure it's running stock builds or something else.

Since this is the only report of this I've ever seen, its clearly not stock.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This phone was bought from a carrier and is 100 percent stock. The OP had the same issue with the phone, go back to the first page. I went to the carrier store and looked at the display phone and it's the same as well.

daddy69

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine direct from the carrier GCI and it did not come with an update option. It's a carrier thing.

anon(961671)

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Well you can't necessarily blame HTC for a phone you got on eBay, when you can't even be sure it's running stock builds or something else.

Since this is the only report of this I've ever seen, its clearly not stock.

Well said.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums