New Member Here. NEED HELP PLEASE!!

YfzMadness

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello all! New member here, names Jerry. I've never done a jailbreak or root to any phone before so I'm wondering what the pros and cons are if I do this? Or try to anyway. What jailbreak or root is best to do an why? Also.since I'm now to.all this I need a detailed how to for instructions. Thanks to all in advanced!!

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
in your circumstances mate i would recommend just using the phone for a while and get comfortable with it and the OS. if the phone is running 4.0.4 and sense 4.1 there is no root at this point but the phone with ics runs so well that root is not a major gain rightnow and with JB coming soon best to sit back ,read and search as much as you can. Bricking an expensive new phone is not fun.

YfzMadness

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I know how to use it pretty well but I understand what your saying. I don't like how you can't continuously scroll across the apps and have to go backward. Other than that a can't complain to much. What does jailbreak or root actually do? Just change operating system? Thanks for the response.

Ps: its running the 4.0 and 4.0.4..

pranav.lpin

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
There are many advantages of root, best of all is that you can install custom ROMs, which further improves performance, removes bloatwares, lets you make a complete backup of your phone. Your OS remains Android, but your UI can change, like MIUI, Sense etc. It can also let you use wifi with authentication(thats why i basically use it to access college WiFi)
Disadvantage is that your warranty will be void,
:)

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Rooting gives you access to everything on your device, whether it's to delete preloaded apps, and or overclocking, the CPU.

Before you try to root, use Apex Launcher or Nova Launcher for a while. Good stock Android experience for a while...

It's been more than 6 months with my HOX, and haven't thought of rooting yet...
:D;)
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

YfzMadness

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks folks.. I have another newb question lol. How do I change to the apex or nova launcher? I did see apex on YouTube n.said is worked pretty well but I didn't see how to change it over to the nova or apex? Thanks again!

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks folks.. I have another newb question lol. How do I change to the apex or nova launcher? I did see apex on YouTube n.said is worked pretty well but I didn't see how to change it over to the nova or apex? Thanks again!

When you download another launcher & press the home button, you'll see the list of launchers available. From there you can select the launcher you want.
Hope this helps. :D

YfzMadness

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Think I figured out to chAnge it? Under settings all apps then sense and then clear default? Will I loose anything ony phone if I.do this????

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Think I figured out to chAnge it? Under settings all apps then sense and then clear default? Will I loose anything ony phone if I.do this????

No. Chill.. When you clear defaults and then press the home button, and you'll get that menu I told you about.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think he as referring to the Google Play Store being installed on your device.

Just go there, search for Apex launcher and download it. No need to search for your specific device, your device tells the Play Store which device you have and it will only allow you to download apps compatible for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

flowburner8

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have it on t mobile but its aninternational and mine doesn't have a software update section in the settings I've chech re-checked and checked again. Could it be because it is rooted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC