OneX Official car kit

deano1986

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Just arrived, this is pretty neat!

Car dock is so easy to use, charges the phone, turns on bluetooth only when in car dock mode which is great as it wastes power being on all the time. plus it auto syncs to my bluetooth cd player AND automatically starts playing music from where i left it.

This is what you call quietly brilliant!

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Also interested as I have the car DOCK... but I had to automate the bluetooth toggling with an app. Would LOVE a dock that used the pogo pins and had an AUX connector. Link!

deano1986

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
If you go into Settings>Dock - you are given the option to auto connect to specific BT device, then select your default device, in my case this is my car stereo but it could be your wireless headset.

I have the official HTC OneX car kit, the D110, its strange as nothing goes into the pins on the back, but yet it activates car mode automatically when in the dock, I can only guess that its activating them by covering them up, still not sure.

This is the one I bought
Genuine HTC D110 In Car Windscreen Cradle Upgrade Kit and Charger - for One X | eBay

deano1986

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
If you go into Settings>Dock - you are given the option to auto connect to specific BT device, then select your default device, in my case this is my car stereo but it could be your wireless headset.

I have the official HTC OneX car kit, the D110, its strange as nothing goes into the pins on the back, but yet it activates car mode automatically when in the dock, I can only guess that its activating them by covering them up, still not sure.

This is the one I bought
Genuine HTC D110 In Car Windscreen Cradle Upgrade Kit and Charger - for One X | eBay

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
It has something with the microUSB port. I have the iBOLT Charging Dock and whenever you place it in the dock it goes into Dock mode as well. There is nothing but plastic on the back so the Pogo pins don't come into play on that one. At first the phone immediately went into Car mode but I got tired of that pretty quick so I disabled that.

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
What's up with the double-posting...website fail...back to the phone app!

Last edited:

deano1986

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at the iBolt but wasnt keen on the chunky security clip at the top, looks good though as it fits phones with cases

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at the iBolt but wasnt keen on the chunky security clip at the top, looks good though as it fits phones with cases

The clip is actually thinner than you think and does a damn good job of preventing the phone from falling sideways when turned portrait. I will warn that the Otterbox Commuter does NOT fit without ripping the silicone flap that covers the microUSB port off. But that's alright, I'm tired of having this beaut of a phone hidden by plastic and silicone.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney