Apps using high amount of memory

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have apps that are taking up way too much memory when you close them? Like Facebook for example, I can close it, back out of it, go to my task manager and see it taking up sometimes 40 MB or more. Sometimes it can get to 60 or 70. Its not only Facebook, its other apps as well, like Tapatalk, some games, etc. Sometimes it says the settings are taking up that much memory.

I used to didn't do this, but its gotten to where I go into task manager a lot and shut them down. Its driving me crazy.

vusuzemu.jpg
da4u8ega.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
They will get killed by the OS when they need to be. You don't need to kill them.

They are restarting because they need to be running for something (probably notifications).

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
They will get killed by the OS when they need to be. You don't need to kill them.

They are restarting because they need to be running for something (probably notifications).

And some of them (Facebook for example) re spawn themselves just as fast as they are killed, leading to high battery drain.

It's a myth that android kills tasks.
It simply tells the task to go to a minimum state, and stop doing stuff. It then pages most of the task's memory out to ram, and leaves a cached background process running.

Some apps don't play by the rules, they set timers so that their cached background tasks get interrupts, and they can wake up and do stuff. Any task with a widget really never gets fully backgrounded. Some app designers believe their app is the most important thing running. (Facebook again, because God forbid anyone spend one second of their life away from Facebook).

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

ToxicWaste

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
facebook is the first thing disabled on mine.

X2. I've noticed some apps take up memory but as long as my phone runs fast, I really don't care what apps are running in the background. When I'm in low signal areas and without WiFi, I put the phone into airplane mode or shut off auto sync.

Also, I'm one of the only people in the civilized world that isn't on facebook. Haha

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2